Old 25-11-2007, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default OT Turkey was angraecum leonis

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:52:18 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Interesting, Dave. We have a super grill w/very reliable temp control. Never
have tried turkey on it, but it sounds like we will!

Diana (also a big fan of fresh herbs and butter......)

Diana, It is really neat to put whole sage leaves under the skin, when
the skin is golden the leaves show through in relief. Tastes great
too.

Mine is a large charcoal grill that has good vent control so I have
learned how to manage the fire to keep the temp stable. Use a smoke
box with soaked wood chips over the fire, build a small fire on each
end and roast the bird over the middle. This cooks it evenly and
allows fine control of the smoke and the temperature. The secret is to
keep the fire even, and check it often. Makes a great excuse to work
in the herb garden while monitoring the grill! I also will take green
herb cuttings and place them on the coals to add subtle flavor to what
I am cooking.

Good luck!

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 26-11-2007, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 19:40:41 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Yeah, but there's love mixed in there! A pox on the stores that opened on
Thanksgiving day. Sorry to anyone who shopped.........

Diana

Amen to that, wife and I had shopped for everything we needed well in
advance. No need to make any last minute runs to the store. Time to
relax and spend with family and friends. Shopping could wait.

As you can tell I love to cook and so does my wife, and
I wondered why I needed bigger and bigger shirts....

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Dave just wants our mouths to water.... all over again. I love
thanksgiving, LOL!! Its all about the food.

K Barrett

Well yeah there is that.... It is PARTLY about the food, it is MOSTLY
about family and friends and sharing the love WITH food. Wife made
home made pies after baking two sugar pumpkins for the filling.
Everything we did was made from scratch, cornbread for the stuffing,
pecans for the stuffing came off the trees in our yard. The Herbs used
in cooking came from the garden. All to make it right for the Family.

Old fashioned I suppose but it was what my mom and grandma did and so
for me it is what Thanksgiving is all about.

Peace

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 26-11-2007, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hah! Frank & I both love to cook. The very first year we were together, he
had already retired (early). I was still working. I had this tradition of
making treats for Christmas and giving them away.

One day I came home and he had made (are you ready?) 11 dozen cookies!
Trying to steal my thunder, I tell you, so I out did him the next day. Good
thing we had lots of cookie monsters in our life.

Guess I really love these holidays. And to all, a good night for now.

wrote:

Yeah, but there's love mixed in there! A pox on the stores that opened on
Thanksgiving day. Sorry to anyone who shopped.........

Diana

Amen to that, wife and I had shopped for everything we needed well in
advance. No need to make any last minute runs to the store. Time to
relax and spend with family and friends. Shopping could wait.

As you can tell I love to cook and so does my wife, and
I wondered why I needed bigger and bigger shirts....

m...

Old 26-11-2007, 08:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 21:00:13 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Hah! Frank & I both love to cook. The very first year we were together, he
had already retired (early). I was still working. I had this tradition of
making treats for Christmas and giving them away.

One day I came home and he had made (are you ready?) 11 dozen cookies!
Trying to steal my thunder, I tell you, so I out did him the next day. Good
thing we had lots of cookie monsters in our life.

Guess I really love these holidays. And to all, a good night for now.

Diana

I want to go to your cookie exchange. The ones I have been too have 3
dz of each type and 10 people. You end up being lucky to bring home 3
of a kind. I love a cookie plate with 10 - 12 different kinds.
SuE
Old 26-11-2007, 11:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'd love to put together a cookie exchange. Who has time? Someone sent me a
list of links for dozens of different cookie recipes, though. If I can find
it I'll post it tomorrow.

Diana

wrote:

Hah! Frank & I both love to cook. The very first year we were together, he
had already retired (early). I was still working. I had this tradition of
making treats for Christmas and giving them away.

One day I came home and he had made (are you ready?) 11 dozen cookies!
Trying to steal my thunder, I tell you, so I out did him the next day.
Good
thing we had lots of cookie monsters in our life.

Guess I really love these holidays. And to all, a good night for now.

Diana

I want to go to your cookie exchange. The ones I have been too have 3
dz of each type and 10 people. You end up being lucky to bring home 3
of a kind. I love a cookie plate with 10 - 12 different kinds.
SuE

POE 2007 - Angraecum doratophyllum - strange pendant Angraecum Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 28-02-2007 05:02 AM
Bud Blast on Ang. Leonis?? Lori Siegmund Orchids 3 05-12-2004 04:05 AM
Bud Blast on Ang. Leonis?? Al Orchids 0 29-11-2004 02:01 PM
Angraecum culture Frank H. Kirchner Orchids 3 17-07-2003 08:42 PM
Angraecum sesquipedale question Pete Orchids 5 09-03-2003 01:00 AM