Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Yippee

Apropos of nothing I finally got the GH heater back online. Well, I really
didn't have anything to do with it. All I did was take it out of the GH,
try to take the gas valve assembly off (all connections were rusted solid,
too) and give up. Then a friend's husband said 'let me take a look' and
after honing out the corroded pilot light and getting the new gas valve
assembly to hook up correctly it fired right up! There's something to be
said for knowing people who own every tool known to mankind, as well as how
to use them! Now I just have to soap the connections to be sure they don't
leak and its done. Just in time, its been getting pretty cold out there.
Anyway. Life is good.

K Barrett

Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:26:46 -0800, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

Apropos of nothing I finally got the GH heater back online. Well, I really
didn't have anything to do with it. All I did was take it out of the GH,
try to take the gas valve assembly off (all connections were rusted solid,
too) and give up. Then a friend's husband said 'let me take a look' and
after honing out the corroded pilot light and getting the new gas valve
assembly to hook up correctly it fired right up! There's something to be
said for knowing people who own every tool known to mankind, as well as how
to use them! Now I just have to soap the connections to be sure they don't
leak and its done. Just in time, its been getting pretty cold out there.
Anyway. Life is good.

K Barrett

Good for you, Kath. Now I understand how you found my first e-mail, and I've
sent you another.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 13-12-2007, 12:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Kathy,
Yay! That's really great. It's good to have helpful friends who are there
for you when needed.
Joanna

. ..

Old 13-12-2007, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yes, its vented. I have one of those weather stations from radio shack that
sends the temp/humidity from the GH to a display in the house house. This
AM is was warmer in my GH than it was in my house! I guess my priorities
are right? *G*!

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Glad you got it burning Kathy!
Is your Southern burner the model that has a chimney?
Cheers Wendy
. ..

Old 13-12-2007, 04:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

tbell wrote:
[...]

OK Tom, I'm sitting here at my computer trying to figure out how Kathy
getting her heater working again (congratulations, Kathy) resulted in
you understanding how she found an e-mail that you sent.

Steve
Old 13-12-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Steve" wrote in message
tbell wrote:
[...]

Only The Shadow knows!

Old 13-12-2007, 04:23 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

K Barrett wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

tbell wrote:

[...]

I was afraid it would be something like that!

Old 13-12-2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Steve" wrote in message
tbell wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:26:46 -0800, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

SNIP ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good for you, Kath. Now I understand how you found my first e-mail, and
I've sent you another.
Tom
Walnut Creek, CA

OK Tom, I'm sitting here at my computer trying to figure out how Kathy
getting her heater working again (congratulations, Kathy) resulted in you
understanding how she found an e-mail that you sent.

Steve

(((LOL))) Me too Steve.
Cheers Wendy

Yippee...just put the plants in! Kevin and Karin Ponds 3 05-09-2005 02:40 PM
Yippee rain at Stroud Road! David Hare-Scott Australia 2 02-07-2004 06:02 PM
Fall! Yippee! Shiva Roses 14 05-10-2003 06:02 PM
Yippee Frog Spawn Natalie United Kingdom 6 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
OT Yippee! Thanks Shiva! Julie Roses 1 05-02-2003 09:54 PM