GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lighting for kitchen orchid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/170123-lighting-kitchen-orchid.html)

clareinolywa 04-01-2008 03:07 AM

lighting for kitchen orchid

I'm redoing the kitchen and have decided to put some type of under
cabinet lighting in to promote flowering.
My Neo. falcata 'Temakongo' has only bloomed twice in five years and
I've decided that sunlight in the Pacific Northwest is just too
dismal...assuming of course it's not some other culture problem.
Anyway, looking at T4,T8, and various grow lights has just confused
the issue for me.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

K Barrett 04-01-2008 05:13 AM

lighting for kitchen orchid

Hi Clare! Long time no talk. I don't get around to OrchidSafari anymore.
Just too dang forgetful. I've wondered how you're doing. Anyway, I think
most folks say a cool white tube is just as good as a full spectrum light.
I wonder if Ray has some fluorescent advice on his page (he has just about
everythingn else...) http://www.firstrays.com

K Barrett
(yes, that's me!)

yahoosbingos 03-02-2011 06:29 PM

This is a perfect knowledge it removes all my doubts and give a clear idea. It'S really cheap for me.I would definably advantage.