GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/17092-fla-mall-orchid-show-confusion.html)

Kenni Judd 21-04-2003 05:21 PM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

The members of AOBEI regret the inconvenience to any of you who tried to
visit our scheduled show at the Florida Mall yesterday. We had a contract
with the Mall for the full 3-day weekend, and what little bit of signage the
Mall put up for the show also indicated that it would run April 18, 19, &
20. But as we were setting up on Friday am, we were told that the Mall
would be closed on Sunday for Easter, so we were forced to end the show on
Saturday. [The Mall didn't even put up signage saying it would be closed
for Easter until about 5:30 pm on Saturday!].

If you are among those who tried to visit the show on Sunday, we hope you
will let the Simon Mall management know about it. http://www.simon.com

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Karen 21-04-2003 08:56 PM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

Boy talk about being tacky... that about takes the cake. I hope you had
a good show anyway.
Karen

K Barrett 21-04-2003 09:32 PM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

I'm floored. Y'all were very shabbily treated, Kenni. Guess you won't be
going back *there* next year....

K Barrett

&

Dewitt 21-04-2003 11:20 PM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

Beyond shabby, if they violated the contract they can be held
liable for things like lost revenue. Wonder if Judge Judy is an
orchid fan? :-)

deg

Kenni Judd 22-04-2003 06:44 AM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

You got that right!
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Prem Subrahmanyam 22-04-2003 10:56 PM

Kenni Judd wrote:
The members of AOBEI regret the inconvenience to any of you who tried to
visit our scheduled show at the Florida Mall yesterday. We had a contract
with the Mall for the full 3-day weekend, and what little bit of signage the
Mall put up for the show also indicated that it would run April 18, 19, &
20. But as we were setting up on Friday am, we were told that the Mall
would be closed on Sunday for Easter, so we were forced to end the show on
Saturday. [The Mall didn't even put up signage saying it would be closed
for Easter until about 5:30 pm on Saturday!].

If you are among those who tried to visit the show on Sunday, we hope you
will let the Simon Mall management know about it. http://www.simon.com

Oooh...that is just wrong! I went to Simon's site and let them know
just how I felt about this. As the webmaster for the Tallahassee
society, I put up an announcement regarding this show...I hope no-one
was misled from our announcement and ended up driving down on Sunday
only to miss the show.

---Prem
www.premdesign.com

Eric Hunt 23-04-2003 07:08 AM

Fla. Mall Orchid Show Confusion

Kenni,

That sux. Hope your society has a lawyer as a member who can pursue breach
of contract claims against the mall.

-Eric in SF