Old 14-02-2008, 10:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Happy Valentine's Day! What are you doing?

Hi, Group!

Share your Valentine's Day plans here! I'll start.

Food and kisses are essential, of course, so I've planned a decadent meal.
The lemon coconut cake is already in the fridge. In a couple of hours, Frank
& I will feast on tournedos with bearnaise sauce, wild rice and green beans
almondine with a nice bottle of Merlot.

And tomorrow we will run the treadmill into oblivion, LOL!

Diana

Old 14-02-2008, 11:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I started with a card:

"As it's Valentine's day, I know of something you can do in the privacy of
your own home that will leave your lips tingling, and you feeling a bit
winded and light-headed."

Open the card to find a balloon and the advice "Blow this up 8 or 10 times!"

A present or two was also included, as was a bottle of really nice champagne
to share after dinner out.

. ..

Old 15-02-2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 17:20:44 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Hi, Group!

Share your Valentine's Day plans here! I'll start.

Food and kisses are essential, of course, so I've planned a decadent meal.
The lemon coconut cake is already in the fridge. In a couple of hours, Frank
& I will feast on tournedos with bearnaise sauce, wild rice and green beans
almondine with a nice bottle of Merlot.

And tomorrow we will run the treadmill into oblivion, LOL!

Diana

I brought my wife the Nicest gift for Valentines Day, I shared
Pneumonia with her aren't I a great guy? Fortunately we are both
recovering and I did get her Godiva Truffles and took her out to
dinner, which beat the heck out of the hospital food.

No treadmill for me, or her we would fall flat on our faces right now!
LOL

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 15-02-2008, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 21:22:35 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Wow, champagne up north and pneumonia down south!

Ray, I think Dave needs a drink!

Diana

Now we're talkin! Did get her a couple nice bottles of her favorite
Medoc too....after 34 years I learn....

Dave
Dave Fouchey

Florence, SC

N34° 11' 36.40"

W79° 47' 6.85"

WA4EMR

Old 15-02-2008, 05:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I flew in live lobsters from Maine......
....... for 40 of my best friends. :-)

Been doing it every Valentine's for 6 years now.

--
Ed

Old 15-02-2008, 04:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"tenman" wrote in message
Having been single for over 17 years and just having gotten off work
waiting on the nasty, rude, demanding, cheap 'people' we call customers
celebrating valentines day with their beloved via a cheap meal, a cheap
tip, and probably a cheap gift as well, I'm sitting here having just
finished my solo dinner of ramen noodles and cursing the very idea of
valentine's day. Shortly I'll be doing laundry, dishes, and mopping the
kitchen floor before going to bed, also solo.

You asked.

They may be stupid but they sure are fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3sKyHTQOwQ

K Barrett

Old 15-02-2008, 04:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

fussed with the plants, did a load of dishes. put off balancing the
checkbook.

as you may have gathered, i don't 'do' V-day.

--j_a