GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Rays (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/171608-first-rays.html)

Ray B 06-03-2008 08:41 PM

First Rays

As I wean myself off of the excellent pain meds, I am starting to put the
website back together after moving it to a bigger, faster server.

I had to start from scratch with the semi-hydro forum, and this time it's a
do-it-yourself registration (I hope that lasts), so please join and start
filling in the blank spaces!

http://firstrays.com/phpbb/index.php

[email protected] 06-03-2008 08:50 PM

First Rays

glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Ray B 06-03-2008 10:34 PM

First Rays

Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 06-03-2008 11:25 PM

First Rays

I guess "holding thumbs", as Wendy puts it, works! So glad you seem to be
okay.

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Ray B 07-03-2008 01:30 AM

First Rays

Well....it was the removal of a melanoma, so I'm still waiting for the
results of the tissue biopsy.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 07-03-2008 02:50 AM

First Rays

Ah. Well, let's hope for the best. I had a scare recently. Fortunately, it
seems to be okay so far, but we shall see.

Skin, Ray?

Diana

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Dave Gillingham 07-03-2008 09:30 AM

First Rays

Melanomas are not nice things, but there are lots of success stories. Hope you
both number in that category. Anyway, welcome back, Ray.

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

Dave Gillingham

Ray B 07-03-2008 02:24 PM

First Rays

There are a lot of good things leaning my way:

It was in the heel of my hand - an unusual location, and NOT on the trunk of
my body.

When the original 5mm wide excision was taken - before knowing the
diagnosis - the margins were clear, suggesting they "got it all"
(Unfortunately, the current protocol is a 4 cm diameter removal, which is
why I'm now laid up).

Blood work looked like nothing was happening. There is an enzyme - LDH -
present in all cells, and if there is tissue damage going on, the level in
the blood is elevated. "Normal" is 318-618 micrograms per liter. Mine was
323.

No indication of issues with PET or CAT scans, nor MRI.

I'm keeping the most positive attitude I can!

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

tbell 07-03-2008 06:36 PM

First Rays

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 06:24:15 -0800, Ray B wrote
(in article jecAj.12049$Td2.4059@trndny08):

There are a lot of good things leaning my way:

It was in the heel of my hand - an unusual location, and NOT on the trunk of
my body.

When the original 5mm wide excision was taken - before knowing the
diagnosis - the margins were clear, suggesting they "got it all"
(Unfortunately, the current protocol is a 4 cm diameter removal, which is
why I'm now laid up).

Blood work looked like nothing was happening. There is an enzyme - LDH -
present in all cells, and if there is tissue damage going on, the level in
the blood is elevated. "Normal" is 318-618 micrograms per liter. Mine was
323.

No indication of issues with PET or CAT scans, nor MRI.

I'm keeping the most positive attitude I can!

Sounds as if you have good reason to feel positive. Let me add my very best
wishes.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 07-03-2008 07:06 PM

First Rays

Ouch!!! 4cm....[cringe] (I'm a woossss!)

Happy your back, Ray!

"Ray B" wrote in message
Thanks.

wrote in message
glad you are feeling better!

--j_a

jadel[_2_] 10-03-2008 07:42 PM

First Rays

On Mar 7, 10:24*am, "Ray B" wrote:
There are a lot of good things leaning my way:

It was in the heel of my hand - an unusual location, and NOT on the trunk of
my body.

When the original 5mm wide excision was taken - before knowing the
diagnosis - the margins were clear, suggesting they "got it all"
(Unfortunately, the current protocol is a 4 cm diameter removal,...

That's the dermatology version of "keep cutting until you see
daylight."

I hope all goes for the best.

J. Del Col