GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More Orchid Smuggling (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/171831-more-orchid-smuggling.html)

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 12-03-2008 11:39 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

http://english.newslab.ru:80/news/258584

People affiliated with smuggling of orchids to Krasnoyarsk are wanted by
police in the Krasnoyarsk Territory.

5,700 decorative flowers, which appeared to be orchids, were seized in
Krasnoyarsk Airport when they were delivered by charter flight from Thailand
to Krasnoyarsk, the regional interior department reported. The orchids are
estimated to cost about USD 70,000, as Irina Bekesheva, the press secretary
of the Directorate for Combating Organized Crime, reported.

Duty for orchids is 15% of the customs cost of the freight and not less than
?0.9 for 1 kg of flowers.

The flowers were unloaded from the plane and moved with the concealment of
these objects from customs control officers. A criminal case on smuggling
(Article 188 of the Russian Federation Criminal Code) was opened on March 4.

Permanent news address: http://english.newslab.ru/news/258584

[email protected] 13-03-2008 02:11 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

-scratching head-

why would you want to smuggle 'chids out of *thailand*?? they grow
'em like geraniums there.... you can buy the common dens for pennies
on the US dollar.... it would be like smuggling tulips out of
holland.

--j_a

Robert Lorenzini 13-03-2008 10:07 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:17:48 -0700, K Barrett wrote:
They were smuggled to Siberia.

Siberia? Someone is growing orchids in Siberia?! It is beyond me how
anyone can afford the heating bill north of Los Angeles. Perhaps
they were for some kind of black magic medicinal potion. I hope it's
not for ED or orchids everywhere are doomed. Just judging from my
inbox.

Bob

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 13-03-2008 11:59 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

I hope it's not for ED or orchids everywhere are doomed.

ROFL!!

Diana

Robert Lorenzini 14-03-2008 03:46 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:59:30 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
I hope it's not for ED or orchids everywhere are doomed.

ROFL!!

I promise never to post during happy hour again. Sorry.

Bob

K Barrett 14-03-2008 06:49 PM

More Orchid Smuggling

wrote:
I hope it's not for ED or orchids everywhere are doomed.

ROFL!!

I promise never to post during happy hour again. Sorry.

Bob

Hey, keep posting! Don't leave me to be the only one.

K (No Pride) Barrett