Old 22-03-2008, 05:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Orchid Fever

Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising.
Higher higher, its burning through to my soul.
Orchids, orchids. You gonna set me on fire.
My brain is flaming. I dont know which way to go.
These orchids lift me higher. Like the sweet song of a choir.
They light my morning sky with burning love

I got the Carter and Holmes catalog yesterday. What am I thinking? I need
another orchid like a hole in the head. And now I've bought more.[sigh]
But they're sooo cute! There's a cross of Diana's drooler Secret Love with C
violacea that could be quite tasty. Hmmm, Diana's Drooler could be a good
name for it one day.... The page of minicats is quite appealing, too....

When are those tax rebates coming?

Old 22-03-2008, 06:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hunka hunka burnin' love! Diana's Drooler, huh? Excellent!

The only problem with the C & H catalog is the size of the plants. I always
have to ask myself if I have the time to wait. But what orchids they are!

Diana

. ..

Old 23-03-2008, 04:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yeah, the plant size ticks me off, too. I miss Stewart's Orchids. Now
There you could buy plants in a 6" pot! But time passes quickly and they
grow. And besides when the heat is on you just sorta lose control, *G*.

I'm in a seedling sort of phase in my collection. I've been buying compots
and flasks of new untried stuff to see if there'll be something awardable
amongst the chaff. Spending a lot of time watching small plants become big
ones. Plus its a challenge keeping all those small pots watered (you know
how I hate to water) But when something unexpectedly comes into bloom I
wonder 'now where'd I get that one?' or 'why'd I only buy one?'. And I've
been tossing out stuff, too. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to pass it along at
the society BBQ, but if I think its crap why give it to a newbie and only
frustrate them?

C&H has 2 minicatts with Precious Katie (one with Mini Purple that isn't in
the main catalog - its in the 'dug ups' section - and one with the
unfortunately named Hobcaw) that look pretty good. Hopefully the plants will
be as nice as the photos of the parents. In all my years of growing I
finally read the catalog to see that they put an 'M' on their mericlones,
LOL!!! I've been trying to avoid mericlones. Sure, they are tried and true
stock, but - I dunno - maybe its a bit of the gold prospector in me. I
wanna see new stuff.

I got my AOS renewal - the 2 yrs for $99 WOC special - with the $30 coupon
(on a $100 purchase). Now I have to buy more! Lord almighty, I feel the
temperature rising....

.. .

Old 23-03-2008, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote in message

Hrm, the spousal unit appears to have hidden the catalog already.

Gasp! [makes face like catfish gasping for air, picks jaw up off floor]
That's grounds for divorce, ain't it? *G*

When are those tax rebates coming?

May, if the last 2 digits of your SS# are low.
Later if they're high.
No idea what the result is if your SS# is high and your spousal unit's
is low and you filed jointly.
--
Chris Dukes

Hmmmmmm, I'm confused, one digit is high and one is low.... now my head
hurts.... must. buy. more. orchids. Ahhhh, the pain is subsiding already!

Old 24-03-2008, 12:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mar 22, 1:56*pm, "K Barrett" wrote:
Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising.
Higher higher, its burning through to my soul.
Orchids, orchids. You gonna set me on fire.
My brain is flaming. I dont know which way to go.
These orchids lift me higher. Like the sweet song of a choir.
They light my morning sky with burning love

I got the Carter and Holmes catalog yesterday. *What am I thinking? *I need
another orchid like a hole in the head. *And now I've bought more.[sigh]
But they're sooo cute! There's a cross of Diana's drooler Secret Love with C
violacea that could be quite tasty. *Hmmm, Diana's Drooler could be a good
name for it one day.... *The page of minicats is quite appealing, too.....

When are those tax rebates coming?

Long after they've already been spent on gasoline.

J. Del Col

Heart O' Texas Orchid Society's 42nd Annual Show & Sale, "Orchid Fever" Geoffrey Gardening 1 03-04-2013 01:01 AM
Garden Pond Fever [email protected] Gardening 0 27-04-2007 07:25 PM
Dengue Fever in Singapore and Malaysia nuomi Gardening 0 22-09-2005 02:58 PM
spring fever griffon Gardening 5 20-02-2004 06:42 AM
Garden Fever Chookie Australia 2 07-04-2003 11:08 PM