Old 23-03-2008, 12:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default psycho wilson help

so the local nursery got in a haul from parkside, and they were giving
20% off, and my garden club discount gives me another 10%, and well i
guess i should be happy i only came home with two plants and not more...
so anyhoo, i am now the proud owner of a wilsonara and a psychopsis.
other than that they're both in the oncid family, i know nothing else
about them. i'm in MD 6b (soon to be 7). any advice? warnings? do's and
don'ts? can i put the wilsonara in s/h someday? thx...

--j_a
Old 23-03-2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Aren't Wilsonaras beyootiful? I can't grow 'em. They decline in my care.
But Tom Perlite at Golden Gate Orchids in San Fran has been getting awards
up the wazoo on them. Too bad he's wholesale/shows only.

My only input is that you know not to cut the spike on the psychopsis,
right? They are sequential bloomers off the same spike. I don't know if
you remember Rod Venger who used to post here, but he coined the phrase
Psychopsis Psudden Death Psyndrome. Not that yours wil psuddenly die, but
just that it was a good joke. (Guess you had to be there.)

K Barrett

Old 24-03-2008, 01:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

steve: hee! not unless you're the SW from farpoint, in which case i
already know.

KB: yes, this is the plant:

http://www.parksideorchids.com/images/Onc/Wilsonara%20Red%20Pacific%20'Deep%20Shadows%20'%20 CU.jpg

ain't it purty? it's actually much deeper red than the photo.

hadn't heard of the PPDP, but will keep an eye out for sudden SUAD
(shrivel up and die -ing). had heard about not cutting spikes,
but not much else, except that it should be happy in the same light as
my phals.

will have to do some reading up....

--j_a

Old 24-03-2008, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Bwahahahaha!

Diana

"Steve" wrote in message

Whew! I haven't been here in a few days. I return to see your subject
line. For a moment, I was afraid you had figured out something about ME!

Steve Wilson

unknown wrote:
so the local nursery got in a haul from parkside, and they were giving
20% off, and my garden club discount gives me another 10%, and well i
guess i should be happy i only came home with two plants and not more...
so anyhoo, i am now the proud owner of a wilsonara and a psychopsis.
other than that they're both in the oncid family, i know nothing else
about them. i'm in MD 6b (soon to be 7). any advice? warnings? do's and
don'ts? can i put the wilsonara in s/h someday? thx...

--j_a

Phal Julia Wilson x Ken Peterson Red Lizard Orchid Photos 1 31-03-2009 04:30 PM
PING Wilson BenignVanilla Ponds 3 13-08-2003 05:18 AM
Join Good Fish Junction Flower Horn Discussion Forum Now ! - Call 65-63488070 for Wilson Tay for Exp Good Fish Junction - Place of Best Flower Horn Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:09 AM