GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   More Sphag and Bag questions (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/172396-re-more-sphag-bag-questions.html)

BruceM 31-03-2008 12:09 AM

More Sphag and Bag questions

Let's try this with a little less mania and a little more grammar :)

I have a dendrobium that I have killed all the pseudobulbs (correct word?).
It still has several, long healthy white roots at the base. Would it be a
good idea to bag this one or just keep watering and fertilizing in the pot?

I have another Den I have brought back to life using Spag and Bag that has
about 9 roots on it all around, 1/8 - 1/4 inch long. The the plant itself
has
grown to be 6 inches long. Time to pot it? It seems I would want longer
roots first. If so how do I accomplish it? Put it in a shadier spot? It is
inside
on the west side of the house with very light indirect light.

"BruceM" wrote in message news:...
I have a dendrobium that I have killed all the pseudobulbs (correct word?).
It stil has several, long healthy white roots at the base. Would it be a
good idea to bag this one or just keep watering and fertilizing in the pot?

I have a nothewr Den I have brought back to life using Spag and Bag that
has about 9 roots on it all around 1/8 1/4 inch long, but the plany tself
has grown to be 6 inches long. Time to pot it? It seems I would want
longer roots first. If so how do I accomplish it. Put it in a shadier
spot. It is no the west side of the house with very light indirect light.

[email protected] 31-03-2008 03:00 PM

More Sphag and Bag questions

....where are you located?

--j_a

BruceM 01-04-2008 04:36 AM

More Sphag and Bag questions

Cedar HIll Tx, South of Dallas

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx
wrote in message
...where are you located?

--j_a

[email protected] 01-04-2008 02:34 PM

More Sphag and Bag questions

dens have canes; first plant, i would put a bag over it and skip the
fertilizer; back it off from strong light for a while and see if it
pups.

2d one, i agree, it needs longer roots, but it may not grow them while
it's happy in its bag; maybe pot up, but keep a bag over it for a few
months more.

or wait for the true den experts in the room to weigh in. :)

--j_a

BruceM 02-04-2008 02:05 AM

More Sphag and Bag questions

Canes! Thank you. Ever sit there for a few days with a word right in the
front of your mind but you couldn't tease it out? I feel stupid but Hey, I
couldn't get it out!

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx