Old 13-04-2008, 10:38 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Black spots on Dendrobiums

Several of my Dendorbiums have a lot black dots all over the leaves. Not
dots like a fungal infection but dots like I had sprinkled carbon powder.
Smaller the n the head of a pin, inder a low power magnifying glass, they
are round and shiny. I tried squishing several between fingernails and I
did not get any slime or any podwery puff (like it was fungal). It was almst
like a empty egg case

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx

Old 15-04-2008, 01:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

For pictures see post of the same name on alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Further info:
Flash photography shows they are reflective. I have tried gently wiping
them off using my finger and they do not come off very easy. About half will
wipe off , the rest do not

All of the Dens these are on have leaves that look as if they have been
etched (see pictures.)

Any suggestions you can give would be appreciated. I can not find any hints
in my orchid books.

--
Bruce
Cedar Hill Tx