Old 24-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Jonathan Phua

Default Source for Paraphalaenopsis

Hi,
My laycockii is in a clay pot with a hole at the base, go to
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/jpzy87 , look under orchids.

Jonathan
"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
. ..
Gene,

You could easily grow them in a compot pointing up for the first 6 months.
I have then taken clay pots and split them in half top to bottom and tied
the plants to the interior portion (of the pot) for the roots to attach to
the clay surface. I have tied some lava rocks in the pot also as you can
see in this picture. The leaves are pointed downward in the pots.

http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f...l_labu_pot.jpg

For deflasking read:
http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/f.../qanda.html#Q8

Out of flask the denevei will take 4 years to bloom... the other three

could
produce flowers in three years.

Mick
www.OrchidFlask.com

--------------------------------

"Gene Schurg" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
Mick,

How long would you expect to grow a blooming sized plant from flask?

The
labukensis I have has over 4 feet long leaves!

How would you unflask a paraphal? Since they hang down I am trying to
picture them as a small plant in a compot.

Gene

Old 24-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Gene Schurg

Jonathan,

I have a clay flower pot like that in the garage and never thought of
putting a pendulous orchid in it. Great idea....I know what I'll use it for
in the future.

Gene

Old 01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
Gene Schurg

Today I got two great flasks of laycockii and serpentillingua from Mick. If
any of you reading this want some great looking Paraphals for a really
inexpensive per plant cost I would recommend that you get his remaining
flasks!

The serpentillingua were large enough to mount out of the flask. Of course
I have to acclimate them first. There were 11 viable plants in the flask I
opened. The laycockii were two sizes about 7 were large enough to grow on
their own after acclimation and another 10 or so were still quite small and
went into a community pot to get larger.

Mick's flasks came wrapped and tightly packed in newsprint. Not a thing was
out of place.

Well, I better go...I want to go watch my new babies grow!

Gene