Old 28-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Diane Mancino

Default Top Ten

I just bought a orchid from Adelaide. He was visiting the NE OS meetings and
selling Zygos bare rooted. very informative meeting, He was visiting from
Australia
"Andrew" wrote in message
John Mallery wrote:

Wow - Thelymitra nuda, Pterostylis baptistii - definitely beautiful

orchids,
but where can one get them in the States?

Apparently SouthWest Orchids in Oklahoma imports for
Adelaide Orchids. They claim to sell Aussie terrestrials on
their website but I think they're sold seasonally (probably
in summer as tubers). Going by what is stocked by Adelaide
Orchids, they should sell Ptst baptistii and Diuris orientis
(probably under the older name of D.corymbosa). They may not
sell T.nuda as tubers but they may have it in flask.
However, they should have some Thelymitra hybrids as tubers.

Old 28-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Andrew

sneff wrote:

"Andrew" wrote in message
Cardigan wrote:

I love this question! Here's my list:

Encyclia phoenicia
Paph. Winston Churchill "Indomitable"
Phrag. Paul Eugene Conroy
Dend. canaliculatum
Phal. Brother Zip
Phal. violacea Borneo
Slc. Jewel Box - either Sheherezade or Dark Waters

Sarah

Did you forget three or is this the top ten for significant
others? ie you actually come home with ten but you tell them
you only bought seven. ;-)

My preferences are mainly for cool growing species due to my
climate. My list in no real order:
Cymbidium Sarah Jean (lots of good clones but my favourites
are 'ice cascade' and 'peach')
Diuris orientis/corymbosa
Dendrobium kingianum (you could make a top ten out of its
clones alone)
Thelymitra nuda (a fairly easy, large, blue sun orchid)
Sarcochilus hartmannii
Sarcochilus Shooting Star
Pterostylis baptistii (the form from Gosford NSW is without
doubt the best)
Pleione formosana
Masdevallia veitchiana
Dendrobium Hilda Poxon (again lots of excellent clones)

Oh Andrew,

I really like your taste. I take it you are from Australia? Have you ever
had anything to do with an ANOS (Australian Native Orchid Society) group?

sneff

Yes I'm an ANOS member. I'm mainly interested in
terrestrials but I have a bit of a soft spot for Sarc's and
kingies.