GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clearys source (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/174898-clearys-source.html)

C. Berlin 22-05-2008 02:54 AM

Clearys source

I was intrigued by the recent posts here of the use of Clearys 3336 as a
systemic fungicide, so looked for a source of it on the web. It seemed to be
available only in quantities for large scale application at costs ranging
from $69 to hundreds of dollars. Then I discovered that it can be obtained
in small quantity under the name of "thiomyl systemic" for an affordable
price. e.g.
http://shop.greenbarnorchid.com/addt...593&quantity=1
Just thought I'd pass this along here in case someone else encountered the
same problem.
Chuck Berlin

Robert Lorenzini 22-05-2008 03:31 AM

Clearys source

On Thu, 22 May 2008 00:54:14 GMT, C. Berlin wrote:
I was intrigued by the recent posts here of the use of Clearys 3336 as a
systemic fungicide, so looked for a source of it on the web. It seemed to be
available only in quantities for large scale application at costs ranging
from $69 to hundreds of dollars. Then I discovered that it can be obtained
in small quantity under the name of "thiomyl systemic" for an affordable
price. e.g.
http://shop.greenbarnorchid.com/addt...593&quantity=1
Just thought I'd pass this along here in case someone else encountered the
same problem.
Chuck Berlin

Is this commonly refered to as Clearys 33?

Bob

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 22-05-2008 08:26 PM

Clearys source

I ordered Cleary's through a local garden center. It was $65/quart. The
source Chuck gives, Green Barn, is a good outlet for a lot of stuff, by the
way.

For what it's worth, here's the label information from the Cleary's bottle:
Thiophanate-methyl (dimethyl 4,4-0-phenylenebis [3-thioallophanate]). I
don't know how that compares with thiomyl systemic. Never did pretend to be
a chemist.

Ping Ray!

Diana

Ray B 22-05-2008 11:28 PM

Clearys source

Google is your friend, Diana.

The thiomyl MSDS says that Cleary's 3336 WP is a synonym.