Old 25-04-2003, 03:32 AM
David Jewell

Default Best Way to clean leaves

Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the leaves on my orchids, things
are looking a little dusty from the winter. I bought a bottle of safers
leaf shine but I am wondering if thats the best thing to use.

Dave

Old 25-04-2003, 04:32 AM
Gene Schurg

David,

You have to be careful with some of that leaf shine stuff. It clogs the
pours in the leaf that the plant. The best thing to do is to wipe the
leaves with a damp cloth. Besides....the leaves aren't supposed to be
shiny.

If you have many plants you may want to take them into the shower and wash
them in the shower. This works great for houseplants of all types. If you
have a shower massage that is movable on a hose then you can really get
under the leaves and all.

Some folks use milk on a cloth to remove the fertilizer residue that forms
on the leaves in the greenhouse but it does not seem to work for me. I find
that plain water works about the best.

Good growing,
Gene

.. .

Old 25-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

I know this is self-serving, but FWIW, I developed an all-natural leaf
cleaner / shine that folks have found is also a good insecticide (but I
don't claim that, as I'm not EPA registered). It's called Rise & Shine, and
is available via the online store at the URL below.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Old 25-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Susan Erickson

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:25:15 -0400, "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"
wrote:

I know this is self-serving, but FWIW, I developed an all-natural leaf
cleaner / shine that folks have found is also a good insecticide (but I
don't claim that, as I'm not EPA registered). It's called Rise & Shine, and
is available via the online store at the URL below.

YOu just beat me to the statement - so we can pretend you didn't
post if you like... I will take credit for sending Dave to see
you. And yes Dave, I do use it for both bugs and cleaner
foliage.
Switched from Alcohol to Rise & Shine.

See Ray at WWW.FirstRays.com

SuE
Old 26-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Kenni Judd

Whole milk, diluted 50/50 with water, does a nice job. On tough stains,
vinegar or lemon juice may help.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
"David Jewell" wrote in message
.. .
Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the leaves on my orchids, things
are looking a little dusty from the winter. I bought a bottle of safers
leaf shine but I am wondering if thats the best thing to use.

Dave

Whats the best way to clean used railway sleepers? tina United Kingdom 9 24-02-2007 09:23 PM
Best way to clean pond? Mike Ponds 12 10-08-2004 10:16 PM
Best way to clean plants to prevent snails? Michael Stachowski Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 02-09-2003 03:03 AM
what is the best way to clean flourite? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 20-04-2003 06:24 AM
what is the best way to clean flourite? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 13 05-03-2003 03:39 PM