Old 25-04-2003, 05:56 AM
Dicky

Default What is the differences of Vanda & Ascocenda?

Hello! I want to ask"What is the differences of Vanda & Ascocenda?".

Old 25-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Vanda is a "pure" single genus, while ascocenda is a hybrid involving vanda
and ascocentrum

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Old 26-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Kenni Judd

In general [there are certain words I no longer say about orchids -- all,
always, none, never G], Ascocendas will stay more compact and bloom more
often, but have slightly smaller flowers. There are many exceptions to this
generality, hence the deletion of certain words from my orchid vocabulary.

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Old 10-05-2003, 07:44 AM
Siew Hong

Ascocendas are hybrids made from breeding Vanda with Ascocentrum.

Generally, Vandas are large plants with large flowers but a low flower
count. Ascocentrum are small plants, generally under a foot in height, have
a high flower count and have more intense colouration. Interbreeding the
two genus creates more compact plants, with deeper colouration and a
generally higher flower count

Siew Hong