Old 16-06-2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Superthrive

Just thought I'd share something with the group. I've had some of this stuff
for a while, but never did use it. That changed this year.

When we (yes, *we* - I am so fortunate that Frank really helps!) began to
repot earlier this year, I decided to start a Superthrive regimen. As per
info that I received from various people who have used it, I've been using
it at a rate of 8 drops to a gallon of water.

After a plant has been repotted, I pour a quart or so of the solution
through the plant. I won't use it again on that plant until it is next
repotted, unless a good amount of time passes in between.

The results: Amazing. The new growth is far stronger and bigger. The flowers
are larger. It may be my imagination, but it even seems that the colors are
more vibrant. Yeah, that's probably my imagination. Still.

I'm a believer! Anyone else use it?

Diana

Old 27-06-2008, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

It says "Helped win WWII" on the bigger bottles. I Believe the story is the
army used it in thier hydroponic gardens in the South Pacific. The fresh
veggies helped feed the troops (and prevent scurvey or other problems) and
therefore they helped win the war.

.. .

Old 28-06-2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:22:15 GMT in H5b9k.28710$kx.15078@pd7urf3no Duncan wrote:
Any producr that helped win WWII has to be good. I get very positive feed
back from customers all the time. Anybody who uses it swears by it.

http://www.todaysgardencenter.com/pd...fit_200703.pdf
for the WWII story, tucked in "A Strong Heritage"

I'm not sure I swear by it, but I'll probably do the test to see
if it perks up the pumpkin vines that had encounters with squash vine
borers.
--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."

[IBC] Superthrive (was [IBC] Epsom salts Anita Hawkins Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 06:42 PM
Superthrive J Kolenovsky Texas 8 31-07-2003 03:45 AM
Superthrive J Kolenovsky Gardening 3 30-07-2003 11:32 PM
Superthrive Treatment of sick Tree (Oak) Shane Trahan Gardening 1 30-06-2003 10:44 PM
Organic jap 'superthrive', better results too!!! Jonathan Phua Orchids 0 26-01-2003 05:39 AM