Old 04-07-2008, 08:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Santa Barbara fire

I'm sure they'll have this under control by next week's sale at SBOE,
CalOrchid and teh Earl Warren Show grounsd, but if the fire is anything like
ours was their air quality really sucks

http://165.221.39.44/incident/1384/

K Barrett

Old 04-07-2008, 08:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

And more pictures here, especially the last one from teh LA Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7374426.story

Old 04-07-2008, 09:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You have to be seriously brave to be a fire fighter. Seriously brave.

Is any of this near you, Kathy?

Diana

. ..

Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 4 Jul 2008 15:06:04 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
You have to be seriously brave to be a fire fighter. Seriously brave.

Nope...
could be like my cousin that didn't pay attention that joining
the local police force meant joining the local fire department.

He decided that working in a steel mill would be safer.
--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."

Old 05-07-2008, 03:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

No, not anywhere near me. But last week the fires near Fairfield and Napa
ruined air quality around here (I think I posted pics) and folks with asthma
and plain old allergies had trouble breathing. The SB/Goleta Gap fire is
much worse and closer to town. Like I say they'll have this under control
in a few days and then it'll just be getting over the smoke. But in the
meantime yikes!! I'd hate to be there.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You have to be seriously brave to be a fire fighter. Seriously brave.

Is any of this near you, Kathy?

Diana

. ..

Old 14-07-2008, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I guess.

My brother is a fire fighter in a city and you hardly ever fight fires.
Mostly you take old folks who are feeling dizzy to the hospital. In their
spare time they lift weights and wash their giant trucks. On their days off
they are at Lake Havasu all drunk and chasing bikini clad women.

Yes, in a pinch you really need them, the rest of the time they are doing
things at work that you or I could NEVEr get away with.

Vito

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
You have to be seriously brave to be a fire fighter. Seriously brave.

Is any of this near you, Kathy?

Diana

. ..