GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/176700-greg-allikass-ghost-orchid-photos.html)

K Barrett 08-07-2008 09:17 PM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

Greg says he'll move these to a more permanent home in about a week, so I
figure ya'll better look while you can. All photos copyright Greg Allikas.
I especially like the one of the swamp, and the one of him taking the pic of
the ghost orchid, saying he was standing in waist-deep water...well Greg is
what? 6'2" or more? That'd be chin deep on our Diana, LOL!

http://tinyurl.com/2v63tk

K Barrett

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 08-07-2008 10:55 PM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

Greg is all of 6'2". Probably a little taller. Last year I put my sister (NY
art consultant) in touch with him because she was looking for orchid prints.
Then I saw him at our show and got a hug. He had to bend over, LOL! I do a
lot of belt buckle gazing.

Thanks for posting the link. I love his work. Can't see myself wading
through that swamp, though. We've got some nasty critters in those swamps!

Diana

. ..

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 09-07-2008 01:04 AM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

Oh, yes: if he was waist deep, I would have been virtually under water!

Diana (Small But Mighty!)

"Duncan" wrote in message
Very cool pics

. ..

[email protected] 09-07-2008 02:59 PM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

ok, i want one.

(and why weren't those folks wearing waders? i would think all kinds
of things would swim around after you going "hmm. tasty? let's find
out..." i have fungus gnats that follow me around the house--i can
just see myself in that swamp with a snake or two wandering behind...)

--j_a

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 09-07-2008 04:58 PM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

We now have an over abundance of giant pythons down there, due to people
releasing *pets*. Never mind the gators.

Diana

wendy7 09-07-2008 04:59 PM

Greg Allikas's Ghost orchid photos

Thanks Kathy, Greg is my favourite photographer & has been around since day
one. Love his work.
Speaking of day one, I remember back when the Internet first started, I
searched with the word orchid, (prior to google),
My hubby's computer came up with 3 web sites!!!! One was in the UK, The
Orchid Lady & one other?
Try searching now! *G*
Cheers Wendy

. ..