Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Introduction and asking about brassavola species

Hello,.. I'm Heri from Indonesia.
I've been collecting species orchids since 3 years ago and now have
collected about 125 species. Some of them are from wild and some of
them are from ex vitro.
Right now I'm looking for Brass. cucullata and Brass. martiana. Where
can I buy those species ? And can they ship to Indonesia?.
Or is there anybody would like to exchange with one of my collection ?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

There are treaties that limit trading of orchids across international
borders. You'd have to contact a orchid nursery with CITES and phytosanitary
certificates in order to purchase orchids across international borders. H&R
in Hawaii may have these. The Orchid Mall (orchidmall.com) used to have
lists by nation of nurseries who may have thses for sale. maybe ones in
Indonesia.

K Barrett

Old 12-07-2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I was at Michael's nursery about 2 months ago but don't recall seeing any
Brassavolas. Heaps of other things which I will post to Flickr soon and
ABPO when Kye gets his server up and running. Still trying to identify all
of the species whose photo I took.

~John

. ..