Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Trading orchids Canada

Is there anyone here from Canada? I am in Calgary. I have several VERY
large plants that have or will be divided and I would like to trade my
extras for something interesting( always interested in cash :-} ). any
thing already divided will probably be 2-4 growths. I might be able to post
pictures(not here) if I can outsmart vista.

I have an EXTREMLY LARGE Coelogyne corymbosa (200+growths)that is
overgrowing an 18" pot PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take part or all of this
monster. This plant came from the Orchid Species Preservation Foundation's
greenhouse in Edmonton. Not sure what i was thinking when i purchased it. I
specifically told them to talk me out of buying it.
Coelogyne mossie also quite large but a much more reasonable overgrown 8"
pot

Miltonia spectabilis in spike with over 20 spikes
Epidendrum radicans these also really need a new home. they aren't huge
but i just dont have the room.
by E. radicans standards they are quite
small actually. several of them are in hydro pots

Cattleya Percivialiana " Jewel"
Cattleya Percivialiana "Summit" FCC One small back bulb division
Cattleya Percivialiana "Albert's"
Cattleya guatamalensis
Cattleya walkerania i will have to look up the exact cross but it is a line
bred from H&R or is it J&L?? from hawaii anyway
Cattleya jenmanii coerulea
Cattleya mossiea
Cattleya mossiea coerulea
Stanhopea penelope hybrid big yellow flowers
Oncidium trilobum I think this one is awarded
Doritis pulcherima
Doritis pulcherima alba
Dendrobium kingianum

This is just what I can think of while I''m at work. There must be others. I
can't only have 16 plants I'm willling to part with. Oh yea, there's some
Catt. and Onc hybrids that must go. If any one is interested I will make up
a more compleat list. I am mostly interested in coerulea awarded
Cattleya alliance species. Not that I'm picky. A FCC Brassovola digbiyana
would also be nice.A multifloral one please.

Old 15-07-2008, 07:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

That link actually goes to a propogator in CA. I will try the Canadian
Orchid congress web page. Is there anyone from Canada on here at all???

Old 16-07-2008, 12:28 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Xi Xi is offline

Yup. Hamilton, Ontario!

Cheers,
Xi

Old 16-07-2008, 01:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yup. Gananoque, Ontario (near Kingston)

Cheers,
Tom

Xi wrote:
Yup. Hamilton, Ontario!

Cheers,
Xi

Old 17-07-2008, 10:48 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Uh-Oh. Age strikes while you're not paying attention.

I'm sorry.....I MEANT to point you to The orchid BOARD, not Source!
http://www.orchidboard.com/community/

Old 20-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered User

This is just what I can anticipate of while I''m at work. There accept to be others. I can't alone accept 16 plants I'm willling to allotment with. Oh yea, there's some Catt. and Onc hybrids that accept to go. If any one is absorbed I will make up a added compleat list. I am mostly absorbed in coerulea awarded Cattleya accord species.
__________________
LED Grow Lights
Old 11-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan[_2_] View Post
[...]

Thank you for your kind words, I love trading and my definition of a sucesasful trade is when both parties are happy. This forum had a very active trading group a number of years ago and I wrote about it in the thread I just bumped up.
The first 3 or 4 postings on that thread actually should have been one but the computer did not allow it for some reason. Basically what it describes is my FIRST contact with a trader from another orchid forum. Before we knew it 60 plants changed hands, approx 30 each way. Neither of us gave up anything as they were all divisions with the parent plants staying safely behind. Cost is minimal, only postage, I paid $16 for 30 species I did not have,

But as Carol pointed out, it's more than that, feels like Xmas to unwrap a box full of plants, some expected, some surprises. It's not like going to Andy's site, picking out exactly what you want, take a big hit on your credit card and then get what you paid for. It truly is more like Xmas as I basically will take any plant I don't have (with some obvious exceptions) and the surprise is what the other person has to offer.

Some of my best plants were aquired by trading years ago.
Fruit Trees