Old 15-07-2008, 12:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Anyone feeling a tad dislocated?

Hey. I have plenty to do. More, in fact, than I can hope to accomplish.

So how come I miss abpo?

Diana

Old 15-07-2008, 03:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

OK....now that we all can't get to Alt. and the reason we never posted
pictures to this group was because back in the old day (2000) people
with dial up didn't want to download pictures.

What's wrong with posting orchid pictures on this forum?

Gene
Old 15-07-2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

From what others have posted (and they are much more tech savvy than I), the
pictures would be filtered out. So you can't get to abpo either, Gene?

Let's give it a try. I'll start a new post, with a picture, right now. We'll
see who can get it, and who cannot.

Diana

Old 16-07-2008, 02:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 01:36:44 GMT in Gene Schurg wrote:
OK....now that we all can't get to Alt. and the reason we never posted
pictures to this group was because back in the old day (2000) people
with dial up didn't want to download pictures.

What's wrong with posting orchid pictures on this forum?

Because most credible USENET providers run cleanfeed, or something
similar, and block binaries from non-binaries newsgroups.

Granted, ya'll could go through the CFV process to have a binaries
newsgroup in the rec.* hierarchy. Start reading news.groups* for
a while and put in a reasonable proposal.

However...
If you regularly post to abpo, register for motzarella.org and
post them to abpo through motzarella.org at the same time you
post them to abpo through your normal USENET provider.

The other thing is to just use one of the many photo sites
and post an article with the URLs and descriptions something like
Subject: Horrible picture

Really disgusting picture
http://raleigh.neotoma.org/~*******/goatse.jpg

I would also suggest that folks look through the photo sites such as
flickr, see which have acceptable policies, and as a group choose
two such sites.

--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."

What a feeling... Claude Orchids 13 17-11-2004 10:53 AM
Now that's a good feeling!! Mark and Kim Smith Ponds 1 28-06-2004 03:03 PM
Pillow feeling as filter media ? Amit Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 21-12-2003 04:42 PM
while you're all feeling creative a United Kingdom 2 29-06-2003 12:32 AM
[IBC] (off topic) Trees increase the feeling of well-being Rainer Burmeister Bonsai 1 08-04-2003 03:20 PM