Old 16-07-2008, 10:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default OT Abpo gone from AT&T with this stupid remark

AT&T will no longer include Alt.binary newsgroups because of the
possibility of child pornography I guess pictures of blooming orchids
are to pornigraphic for AT&T MORONS!!!
Also the New York's Attorney General intelligences rating is most likely
at the level where he cant find his way out of a paper bag with both
ends open.
A bit of what they said about my complaint

This move is AT&T's effort, together with New
York's Attorney General, to help shut down online
sources of child pornography. AT&T has signed
agreements to remove child pornography websites and
child-porn newsgroups from their servers. AT&T is
now working with public officials and the
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in
the effort to help prevent the distribution of
this harmful and illegal content.

If you wish to receive credit as a compensation
for this inconvenience, I humbly request that you
contact our Billing Department at 1-800-288-2020,
and say Billing on the voice command prompt.
They are open on Mondays to Fridays from 7: 00 AM
to 9: 00 PM and on Saturdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00
PM, local time. Please refer to Case ID
169959224 so that they will know what your issue is.

AT&T is continuously upgrading its services and
products to keep you very satisfied in your
internet experience. For your comments and suggestions
on updating the browser list in our help form,
please follow the link below.

http://na.edit.client.yahoo.com/csp/...ne=http%3a%2f%
2fmy.yahoo.com%2findex.html&.from=p2

This should address your concerns. Please feel
free to reply to this e-mail if I can be of
further assistance. If you need immediate technical
assistance, please do not hesitate to call us at
our toll-free support numbers, 1-800-288-2020 or
1-877-722-3755, and refer to the same Case ID
mentioned earlier. Our Technical Support is available
24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your
convenience.
Old 17-07-2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Welcome to this dubious club, Dusty. Everyone is up in arms about this.
Solutions are on the way, and they won't involve AT&T or any of the other
ISPs who are dropping/have dropped the alt. binaries groups. Read the recent
threads on rgo; there are good ideas and stuff is in the works.

And by the way, at the present moment your post is most definitely not off
topic.

Diana

23.2...