Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Blc Pokai Queen x Pot Treasures of Bogota

As you all know I like to buy seedlings and grow them to see what they'll
produce. I think I got this from Stewart's booth at the AOS Members meeting
in Corpus Christi baout 5 yrs ago. I believe it is a grrrrr senior
moment.... argh there's a lady in Texas who makes a lot of nodosa crosses...
argh.. well the mind's a terrible thing to waste... Anyhoo, its oneof her
crosses that Stewarts was selling for her. If you have OW and look at the
parents you'd think they'd give better progeny (and truthfully this has
bloomed nbetter for me) But I'm not tossing it out of the GH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kbarrett/2745741394/

K Barrett

Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:54:24 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

As you all know I like to buy seedlings and grow them to see what they'll
produce. I think I got this from Stewart's booth at the AOS Members meeting
in Corpus Christi baout 5 yrs ago. I believe it is a grrrrr senior
moment.... argh there's a lady in Texas who makes a lot of nodosa crosses...
argh.. well the mind's a terrible thing to waste... Anyhoo, its oneof her
crosses that Stewarts was selling for her. If you have OW and look at the
parents you'd think they'd give better progeny (and truthfully this has
bloomed nbetter for me) But I'm not tossing it out of the GH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kbarrett/2745741394/

K Barrett

If you have a change of heart, you know where to toss it!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Barrett View Post
As you all know I like to buy seedlings and grow them to see what they'll
produce. I think I got this from Stewart's booth at the AOS Members meeting
in Corpus Christi baout 5 yrs ago. I believe it is a grrrrr senior
moment.... argh there's a lady in Texas who makes a lot of nodosa crosses...
argh.. well the mind's a terrible thing to waste... Anyhoo, its oneof her
crosses that Stewarts was selling for her. If you have OW and look at the
parents you'd think they'd give better progeny (and truthfully this has
bloomed nbetter for me) But I'm not tossing it out of the GH

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kbarrett/2745741394/

K Barrett
The lady from texas is Rene Gerber wife of past AOS president Marvin,They have several nodosa crosses that have been awarded, Both are Judges out of either the Houston or Dallas Juding area,
Old 11-08-2008, 04:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

oh that's lovely! the nice soft yellow and that fabulous lip...

--j_a

Old 11-08-2008, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

http://tinyurl.com/6q2v5x

--
Virgil Spells

Yes I believe you are right. Did she write an article on her hybridization
program for the Orchid Digest? several years ago, maybe in the late 90s.
Anyway, thanks for the reminder!

K Barrett