Old 21-08-2008, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Paphiopedilum pics.

Hi,

I have a modest orchid collection, mainly Phalaenopsis. As I also have a
collection of carnivorous plants, I would like to try growing
Paphiopedilums, especially as they 'enjoy' the same growing conditions as
quite a few of my cps. Two Paphs. that particularly interest me are P.
maudiae and P. sequential. Therefore, I would be most interested if any
orchid grower has Flickr pics of either or both, and any other Paphs.

TIA.
Mke Derby

Old 21-08-2008, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Mike Derby wrote:
Hi,

I have a modest orchid collection, mainly Phalaenopsis. As I also have a
collection of carnivorous plants, I would like to try growing
Paphiopedilums, especially as they 'enjoy' the same growing conditions as
quite a few of my cps. Two Paphs. that particularly interest me are P.
maudiae and P. sequential. Therefore, I would be most interested if any
orchid grower has Flickr pics of either or both, and any other Paphs.

TIA.
Mke Derby

Paph maudiae was traditionally made with alba parents so that every
maudiae you ever saw was green and white, like this one I found on the web:
http://www.ladyslipper.com/2184.jpg

Of course, it's just as easy to make the maudiae cross using normal
colored parents and there are a lot of red tones.
I have a maudiae that was made with unusually dark parents. Here is my
picture of how that turned out:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8...D480/ry%3D320/

Steve