GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   oncidium blooms vs phal (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/178162-oncidium-blooms-vs-phal.html)

Jane 27-08-2008 02:19 PM

oncidium blooms vs phal

I recently got my first oncidium. It was loaded with buds and seems
to be doing very well. I also have 7 phals also doing great.

Question: should oncidium blooms last as long as phal blooms? Each
phal bloom can last months but the blooms on the oncidium seem to last
a few weeks at best.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-08-2008 07:47 PM

oncidium blooms vs phal

Your observation is correct; Oncidiums, in general, do not last nearly as
long as Phals. However, most Oncidium hybrids bloom far more frequently that
Phals. Treat it right, and it will probably give you several flushes a year.

Diana