Old 29-09-2008, 02:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Seeking suggestions for reliable T5 growlight fixture.

My wife keeps her orchids on one of the kitchen counters.
Earlier in the year I thought that a single tube 54W 4' T5
fixture mounted underneath the cabinet would work well, so
I bought two.
They did work well, but both had the electronics burn out after
about 5 months.

So...
I'm looking for suggestions on a good reliable T5 fixture that can
stand being mounted underneath a cabinet.
I know they exist as we have one as the main light in the kitchen,
but that particular fixture would not do as well under the cabinet.
--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

You might try farmtek
http://www.farmtekcatalog.com
they carry these
I haven't used this item but they do sell quality products and half my
greenhouse systems are from them.
I also grow my seedlings under standard 40w fluroesent lights with no
problem phals catts & onc.
hope this helps

Grow well and bloom magnificently

Old 04-10-2008, 07:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 15:51:52 -0400 in dusty wrote:
You might try farmtek
http://www.farmtekcatalog.com
they carry these

Trying to find things in the farmtek catalog frequently turns into
an excercise in futility...

I haven't used this item but they do sell quality products and half my
greenhouse systems are from them.
I also grow my seedlings under standard 40w fluroesent lights with no
problem phals catts & onc.
hope this helps

Yeah, in the basement most things are on shelves under 4 40W T12 bulbs...
The T5 single bulb fixtures worked great for their short lives
in the location... I just want a decent fixture that doesn't go to hell
so fast and I have a slight chance of being able to replace parts on for
less than a new fixture.