Old 18-10-2008, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default test#97

test#97
Old 18-10-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Wow, 97 tries, Tenman? Loud and clear.

Diana

"tenman" wrote in message
test#97

Old 19-10-2008, 05:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

tenman wrote:
test#97

Oh, my lord! I'm back after 5 months?????

Well, hot da*n! I've missed y'all - I could see and read the newsgroups
but not post-- verrrry frustrating!

Meanwhile, I have posted a few things to a flickr account (tenman10mn is
my handle there). Here's a link, though they don't always work with flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28692493@N05/

And now I have to go outside as the temperature dips to 40 and bring the
rupicolous laelias into the greenhouse. Going down to 36 tonight and as
bad as the weather forecasters are here I wouldn't be surprised if it
hit 32 and that wouldn't be too good for the laelias. They've been in
full sun in the tomato patch all summer.

I'm so proud of myself - got the shadecloth off (have to sort of almost
dangle head down off the edge of the house roof for a half hour,
scooching along and untying ties back up under the eave) and folded up
by myself (it's larger than any remaining section of the yard) and as
well got the pilot light on the main heater lit myself in only 15
minutes (took 3 hours with an assistant last year). The pilot is 16"
deep and can only be accessed from the rear (against a wall - can't get
around the exhaust stack and gasline to see). With a used heater and no
manual it was rough going last year. This summer I drilled a hole into
the front of the darned thing and put a little metal plate over it. Now
I can reach in and do it from the front - while contorting my body to
operate the pilot controls in the back! Of course it only took ten
seconds to light the pilot on the backup Southern Burner! They should
teach the other companies how to set it up!

Test test Al Zymer United Kingdom 1 14-03-2003 09:44 PM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 08-02-2003 02:59 AM
test J Kolenovsky Gardening 0 08-02-2003 12:01 AM
test gardener J Edible Gardening 0 31-01-2003 12:54 AM
test Jerry Hoffmeister Orchids 3 30-01-2003 10:26 PM