Old 27-10-2008, 09:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default I need HELP in award-givers !

Does anyone know where there might be a list of the "AWARD-ERS, and
what their awards represent? I did figure out that OSROC. But who
knows WHO awards calling it "FCC/CST" ? And, only AOS awards show up
on the WIZ....

I am still fretting over the way I seem to be feeding the critters of
the world. Tgey chew the orchid leaveas and chomp down the flowers-
both inside the lanai (screened), and out on the patio, under the Old
Oak Tree. The damage seems to happen at night. AND- I have never
caught a critter, yet. The leaves are damaged with "scraping" in
spots- like from a woodchuck.
Elinor
Old 28-10-2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Hi, El,

I'll leave it to someone else to answer the awards question.

As far as the *scrapes* on the leaves, snails can do that. It looks like
they took a knife and scraped away a layer of leaf. And, they work the night
shift. Someone I know once had a problem with squirrels; they particularly
liked the new growths on Catts.

Right now, I have a critter which eats the new flowers on one plant. It's
been blooming for months, and with every new burst a couple of flowers are
chomped. This is in the lanai, and no other plants are affected. Clearly, I
need to pull it out of the pot and see what's in there! Happens to all of
us.

Diana

Old 28-10-2008, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I saw your post on the OGD. I saw the answer on the OGD too. The answer
didn't list OSROC, which I think may be Orchid Scoiety of Korea, but don't
quote me. I have no idea about CST. There's a CSA But no CST AFAIK.

K Barrett

Old 28-10-2008, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Speaking of OGD, I stopped getting them suddenly on October 12th.
Are they still coming to you? If so, was there a slight change to the
return address so that it is getting filtered out by my system??

Steve

Old 29-10-2008, 02:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks Ray. I figured something like that must have happened. I receive
OGD on my ancient AOL address(actually, it's the same address I use
here)so it won't be all mixed in with my other mail. Because AOL has
been a spam magnet since the 90s I have it set to accept mail only from
addresses on my "good" list. I remember I have Wendy on that list
(unless/until she changes addresses) and Tom sent mail there this month
so he's on the list. You're probably on there too, Ray. :-)

Steve

Old 29-10-2008, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Oct 29, 2:41*am, "K Barrett" wrote:
I saw your post on the OGD. *I saw the answer on the OGD too. *The answer
didn't list OSROC, which I think may be Orchid Scoiety of Korea, but don't
quote me. *I have no idea about CST. *There's a CSA But no CST AFAIK.

K Barrett

OSROC is the Orchid Society of the Republic of China. Presumably a lot
of the Taiwanese breeding would get awarded by them. Regarding CST,
could it possibly be OST: Orchid Society of Thailand.

Andrew
Old 29-10-2008, 03:27 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Andrew" wrote in message
On Oct 29, 2:41 am, "K Barrett" wrote:
I saw your post on the OGD. I saw the answer on the OGD too. The answer
didn't list OSROC, which I think may be Orchid Scoiety of Korea, but don't
quote me. I have no idea about CST. There's a CSA But no CST AFAIK.

K Barrett

OSROC is the Orchid Society of the Republic of China. Presumably a lot
of the Taiwanese breeding would get awarded by them. Regarding CST,
could it possibly be OST: Orchid Society of Thailand.

Andrew

Republic of China, YES! That's it! Thanks Andrew. I'm a typical
Californian, can't remember any geography beyond their borders. CST could
also have been CSA Cymbidium Society of America - if the award went to a
cymbidium or a paph. They don't award anything else.

K Barrett

Old 01-11-2008, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Ray, I put that e-mail address on my "allow" list the other day. No new
messages have come in so far. I think the 2 most likely reasons a
1 That return address never shows up because it shows individual
addresses for each person.
2 They started with a clean slate and I have to go sign up again.

Is the reason one of those?

Steve