Old 31-10-2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Ping Tom Bell

Tom, a friend in Texas just sent me a link to this article.
http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_...re1/index.html

Its not about orchids but it is about how an amateur botanist's persistence
paid off in getting two rare plants identified as new species. (On Lime
Ridge in Walnut Creek). The reason why I'm bothering the whole group with
the link instead of talking to just Tom alone is becasue I thought it was
pretty cool how one guy can work within all these diverse groups to finally
get 2 plants identified. I also was amazed to see just how many local
groups there were working to preserve open space around here. Who knew?

Anyway, on thought led to another. I found the California Native Plant
Society's web site and see that they are having a photography contest for
their meeting in 2009. Since you've been known to hike around the open
spaces around here and take such great pictures I figured I'd give you a
head's up. http://www.cnps.org/

I now return you all to your regularly scheduled orchid newsgroup.

K Barrett

Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 08:42:52 -0700, K Barrett wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Thanks, Kath. That was a fascinating article, and a very impressive story
about Gowen. I walk Lime Ridge all the time, and just hope I haven't
inadvertently killed off a few rare species! I'll look into the CNPS.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 01-11-2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 17:59:08 -0700, tbell wrote:

[...]

What a cool article, and Tom I envy you being able to see the area,
just watch your step.

How very very cool.

Dave
Florence, SC

Ping Tom K Barrett Orchid Photos 6 07-03-2008 01:08 AM
Mandevilla from Tom Bell wendy7 Garden Photos 0 16-12-2006 06:25 PM
Ping Tom LaBron re catfish food Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 1 28-10-2005 11:55 PM
GOOD LORD !!! TOMTOM OT OT OT Mary kate Ponds 13 27-07-2004 03:03 PM
Ping: Tom la Bron Bob in PA Ponds 5 18-08-2003 06:32 PM