GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Well, this takes the cake! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/180018-well-takes-cake.html)

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 29-11-2008 09:22 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we now have an international incident affecting our
beloved hobby. There is a shortage of............leis!

http://www.starbulletin.com:80/busin...in_days .html

[email protected] 01-12-2008 08:28 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

does anyone besides me find it odd that *hawai'i* of all places is
importing flowers??

--j_a

Al Pickrel 02-12-2008 02:26 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

As goddesses go, Pele is HOT! I would never guess she had to pay get leis.

I'll sell em some. Transportaion In is going to be killer though. Still;
even with fuel prices tanking down.

And from a totally unrelated part of my brain: "Pareidolia is a type of
apophenia." That sentence alone made getting up this morning worth doing
and I had to come share it with somebody... I thought, OMG, I actually know
what that means! And for those of you who don't: Cydonia Mensae is just
a rock. I know. I have been there! And if you see Jesus on EBay you can
bid on him if you like but if you win you will only receive a grilled cheese
sandwhich.

And from yet another place deep in my cavernous cerebellum if you have
followed me thus far: I hope everybody has a good holiday. I may check
back later to see if rgo still exists. Today I have a gentleman coming to
my orchid greenhouse to give me an estimate for building a HUGE aquarium in
the middle of it. This is my reward to myself for having to go through the
fire this year; a giant tank of water where once stood burned out benches.
It will be home to one BIG koi named...well, I haven't thought of name for
the fish yet. I'm still digging around here in there depths searching for
something ironically meaningful. Are you with me? Here's the icing:
Perhaps Pele?

:-) Al

[email protected] 02-12-2008 04:14 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

i think you should name it something latin and botanical. which
greenhouse is it that names all their dogs after catts? woodstream? -
scratching head-

or you could name it fluffy. or bruce. (one of the sharks in "finding
nemo.")

or Papahanaumokuakea.

--j_a

tenman 02-12-2008 06:46 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

Al Pickrel wrote:
[...]

Call him Phoenix (from out of the ashes...)

K Barrett 02-12-2008 08:13 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

"tenman" wrote in message
Al Pickrel wrote:
[...]

Nessun Banchi - no benches
K Barrett

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 02-12-2008 08:35 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

Nessun Banchi - no benches
K Barrett

Perfect! Al, the koi has been monikered.

Diana

[email protected] 03-12-2008 03:10 AM

Well, this takes the cake!

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:28:09 -0800 (PST) in wrote:
does anyone besides me find it odd that *hawai'i* of all places is
importing flowers??

Probably, but I'm not one of them.

There's a reason why Hormel markets the most flavors of SPAM to Hawaii...
--
Chris Dukes
RON PAUL: Pretty lady screw Mitt lifeless. Ronpaul SMASH!!

wendy7 03-12-2008 05:13 PM

Well, this takes the cake!

I say everyone should tighten their belts.....
Buy American made/grown (In this case Plumerias)

Al, Pele would be a good name for a Koi but you would have to
teach him to play soccer!
I like Tennis' choice ..........Phoenix
Cheers Wendy