Old 06-01-2009, 06:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Orchid article

Did everybody here (all 5 of us?) see this rather unexpected orchid story?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4793676a11.html

Steve
Old 06-01-2009, 02:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 00:26:56 -0500 in Steve wrote:

Did everybody here (all 5 of us?) see this rather unexpected orchid story?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4793676a11.html

Thank you for the pointer to it...
Alas, I would not have caught the article otherwise.
I don't care much for the media portraying politicians in a fashion
similar to how they abuse actors and musicians...

--
Chris Dukes
davej eskimos have hundreds of words for snow. I have two. Bullshit.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

cool!

and did any of y'all see this in the AOS mag yet?

https://chadwickorchids.com/celeborchids

--j_a

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Jan 6, 12:26*am, Steve wrote:
Did everybody here (all 5 of us?) see this rather unexpected orchid story?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4793676a11.html

Steve

Thanks for the lead-in on this. Where have you been peeking this
time??

I am truly surprised that our President-Elect would choose "foreign"
grown flowers...not that many flowers bloom in the USA in January.
Excepting, of course, the Hawaiian flowers that don't fret about the
calendar.
Ariet B
Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I saw the article sometime last month. I am of course happy for the growers,
but I really wonder why an American company couldn't have filled the bill.

Oh, well. They're making American flags in China.......

Diana

Old 07-01-2009, 01:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks Steve, I had to look up Taranaki ?
Yes I say buy American.
Cheers Wendy

Old 07-01-2009, 04:28 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

If he likes orchids, there is even more reason to be hopeful!!! LOL

Frank

Old 07-01-2009, 06:48 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Jan 6, 4:56*pm, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:
I saw the article sometime last month. I am of course happy for the growers,
but I really wonder why an American company couldn't have filled the bill..

(i went to the nat'l museum of amer hist shortly after it reopened
last year; there was a very nice book on the national anthem and the
star spangled banner and francis scott key and the musuem and the
renovations/restorations that i was thinking of buying, til i saw
"printed in china" on the back. wtf ?! at least there's still
legislation bopping around to require flags flying over federal bldgs
to be made in the US...)

--j_a

Orchid Review article request K Barrett Orchids 0 26-08-2007 05:20 PM
NY Times Orchid Article Diana Kulaga Orchids 0 22-09-2005 09:48 PM
Orchid Article Diana Kulaga Orchids 14 07-04-2004 08:03 PM
Orchid Article needed Culturalenigma Orchids 0 08-09-2003 07:24 AM