Old 22-02-2003, 10:03 PM
Douglas Bolt

Default Orchids in the Kitchen window

Some pics of orchids blooming in our kitchen:
http://www.boltassociates.com/Orchids-Kitchen/

Also, a few pics of the Presidents' Day snow taken from the same location:
http://www.boltassociates.com/Snow/

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Old 22-02-2003, 11:15 PM
Wendy

Hello Douglas, I simply love your web site. It is quite different & you have
fantastic photographs.
Do you have another growing area or do all your orchids bloom on the window
sill?
Cheers Wendy

Old 22-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Bob Walsh

Douglas,

Sharp pictures. I'm wondering if you are aware that on the slide show the
pictures don't match with the names at the bottom of the screen.

Bob

Old 23-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Douglas Bolt

Wendy,

Thanks for the kind words about the web site. I'm learning... learning how
to steal web ideas from others. I'm looking for a better thumbnail program.

Most of the bird pics were taken with a Nikon 4500 digital camera attached
to a Leica APO spotting scope. The rest were without the spotting scope.

I grow under lights in the winter and outside from about April to October.
There are orchids in bloom in the kitchen window year around, but most come
into flower somewhere else.

Old 23-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Douglas Bolt

Bob,

No, I did not realize that. Thanks for pointing it out.

On which pages did you notice that fact? Are you referring to the ALT=name,
or do you mean that the labels under the thumbnails and larger images are
not correct?

Old 23-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Wendy

I just finished looking at the PhotoIndexPro site & the software looks too
good to be true?
I need something super simple? What don't you like about it?

Old 23-02-2003, 01:03 AM
Douglas Bolt

Wendy,

I'm still using the demo version, so there may be some features turned on in
the purchased license. However, I would like it to be easier to retain
config settings, add navigation your own site in addition to the
thumbnail page, and it does net seem possible to have different fonts/colors
for the thumbnail title page and the text under the pics.

That said, it seems to me to be the best one out of five I've looked into.
I do like the ability to add text on the full size images. Thumbnails Plus
does not do that.

Unless I find something better, I'll buy PIP. It is reasonably priced - $29
or $39, can't recall which. Thumbnail Factory (the program I used for most
of the pages before testing PIP) is free, but it does not label the full
size images.

Old 23-02-2003, 04:15 AM
Bob Walsh

Douglas,

Maybe it's the way it is supposed to be.

I went to "Orchids in a Kitchen Window," page one, clicked on the top right
picture, and when the curser is placed over "next" the caption at the bottom
of the screen says your beautiful Dpts. is a gorgeous Catasetum. I see now
that it is telling what is to come, not what is there, which is what I
wanted to see.

Is there a way to have the description of what is showing in the picture on
the screen at the same time as your looking at it.

Bob

Old 23-02-2003, 07:27 AM
Frog Dan

Hi Wendy,
How about the web page address to the PhotoIndexPro site - I would like to
check it out.

Thanks,
Dan

Old 23-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Douglas Bolt

Bob,

It is as "it is suppoed to be" for the Thumbnail Factory thumbnails program.
It does not display any text associated with the large images.
ThumbIndexPro program does label the larger images and I much prefer that
behavior. The /Snow page was made with PIP and both size images are
labeled. What you were seeing when your mouse hovered over Next in the
/Orchid-Kitchen page was the filename of the next image, should you click
Next.

As I mentioned to Wendy, I'm still looking for a thumbnail generating
program with all the features I want.

Old 23-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Douglas Bolt

Dan,

Their URL is http://www.photoindexpro.com/ They have a 60 day trial to
download, which is what I am running. The program is $29 to download or $39
to get a CD.

Old 23-02-2003, 12:15 PM
Nina Baltes

Douglas Bolt wrote:

As I mentioned to Wendy, I'm still looking for a thumbnail generating
program with all the features I want.

Have you looked at Arles Image Web Page Creator?
http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/

Nina
--
C'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot.
Louis Pasteur
Old 23-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Fred Garvin

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 16:50:44 -0500, Douglas Bolt wrote:

Some pics of orchids blooming in our kitchen:
http://www.boltassociates.com/Orchids-Kitchen/

Also, a few pics of the Presidents' Day snow taken from the same
location: http://www.boltassociates.com/Snow/

doug bolt
Visit: http://www.boltassociates.com

Nice orchid photos. I can relate to your snow photos, we just got over 20"
here in S.E. N.Y., there was already 12" on the ground when the last storm
hit. We're up to our knees in the stuff with big Piles all over the place.
I've had enough of this white stuff for one season.
Old 23-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Douglas Bolt

Nina,

No, but I will. Thanks for the tip.

It looks good at first glance. I'll give it a try. Version 5.1 give me
some good vibes.

Old 23-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Nina Baltes

Douglas Bolt wrote:
Nina,

No, but I will. Thanks for the tip.

It looks good at first glance. I'll give it a try. Version 5.1 give me
some good vibes.

I really like it. It does everything *I* want it to do, at least
. It's easy to use, versatile (I use it with my own templates)
and there's a support forum.

Two galleries of mine:

http://www.chaotropic.net/orchids.html (my own plants)
http://www.chaotropic.net/orchideenmesse2003.html (the orchid show
I just went to, this gallery was just quickly thrown together
though)

Nina