GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Split Leaf (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/181103-split-leaf.html)

Uncle_vito 06-02-2009 12:19 AM

Split Leaf

I have a large phal with large (1 foot tip to tip across the plan) leaves.
These leaves had been facing up but I have a light source (sun) coming in
from a window to the side.

The plant tried to turn its leaf to face the sun. It appear that the leaf
developed a tear and has now turned itself towards the sun.

Anyone ever heard of this? The leaf tearing itself so it can better orient
itself toward the sun?

I am going to watch it. Plant is extremely healthy and has just begun two
flower spikes as well as nother leaf.

Thanks in advance for your observations

Vito