GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Redland (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/183388-redland.html)

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 08-05-2009 03:20 AM

Redland

I remember Tenman talking about going to Redland. Is anyone else going?
We'll be there on Friday.

Will take pics, in between orgies.

Diana

wendy7 08-05-2009 09:26 PM

Redland

No, no, no Di, take pics of the orgies!!!!
Have a lovely time
Cheers Wendy

.. .

[email protected] 08-05-2009 10:12 PM

Redland

one of these years i'm going to get down there for this... but not
til they unfreeze our salaries and stop firing ppl..

have fun !

--j_a

Ray B[_2_] 08-05-2009 11:04 PM

Redland

I was just down in FL on the company's dime week before last. Won't
happen anymore, as MY position was eliminated as of today!

More time for First Rays - I guess we're gonna hafta grow!

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

wendy7 08-05-2009 11:46 PM

Redland

Diana dearest,
Oh ok, I thought the orgies were the scenes with people buying orchids
in a
orcoholic frenzy? *G*
Wish I could be there.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 09-05-2009 12:25 AM

Redland

We're on the same page, Wendy. How far are you from Santa Barbara? What
about the SBOE?

Diana

Ray B[_2_] 09-05-2009 01:08 AM

Redland

Yeah, it was *something* of a shock.

Let's see, you put programs into place that will save the company
$5-million a year, you offer to restructure your department to eliminate
a layer of management - and are turned down - but then your position is
eliminated because we need to reduce management layers...

After 28 years, too.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 09-05-2009 02:10 AM

Redland

RedlandEvery shock is an opportunity. You'll come roaring back. 28
years........ time for a change! (I know. Easy for me to say.)

Diana

wendy7 09-05-2009 05:21 AM

Redland

We are about 130 miles south of Santa Barbara & just heard that 30,000
people
have evacuated. I am not sure but I think the fires are in the hills but
out of
control!!!! I do know that all the orchid growers are close to the
coastline however
am not sure how bad it is.
Going to check the news.

K Barrett 09-05-2009 08:20 AM

Redland

RedlandOmigod! Bad news! Start calling everyone you know letting them
know you're avaliable. Or hopefully your company will figure out their
mistake and have to hire you back as a contractor at twice your salary....

I'm so sorry Ray,

K Barrett

K Barrett 09-05-2009 08:21 AM

Redland

That's not till July and from what I understand y'all get more international
vendors at Redland.

K Barrett

Ray B[_2_] 09-05-2009 12:11 PM

Redland

To hell with the show! Are they in any imminent danger from the fires?

Zuma Canyon got wiped out many moons ago in a similar situation, didn't
they?

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Ray B[_2_] 09-05-2009 12:27 PM

Job Change

I have often thought that my "real job" has interfered with First Rays,
and how I'd be a lot happier spending more time with that...and I
suppose now I have my chance, even though I would have liked to have
transitioned into it more smoothly.

Over the last couple of years, I have had to cancel speaking engagements
left and right, have really limited stuff for sale (when you do a
100-mile commute and put in 12-hour days at the office, how do you run
an at-home business, too?)

That said, I have already had an opportunity to expand the plant
listing, and will be doing so with supplies, as well. (Folks who
subscribe to my List Update Service have already taken advantage of
that, with discounts, to boot.)

I suppose this also means I have more time for speaking engagements, but
will still likely be limited to a the eastern half of the country, at
least for now.

Wish me luck!

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!