Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 08:29:20 -0700 in
K Barrett
wrote:

Some of the ning network forums look interesting. Here's one on crime
fiction that's active. People post music, podcasts all sorts of stuff.
http://crimespace.ning.com/

Ah, a shining example of a forum web app I don't like.
[snip]

Jeze Chris, tells us what you really think, LOL! IMHO *all* present day
forums have this same inability to see the most recent posts and
rinse/lather/repeat. That's why I don't participate in them, no matter
who's there or what they're saying. Not teh AOS, OrchidBoard, google groups
or even crimespace (the one I referenced). I show up there occasionally but
really, its a lot of blather. But aren't we all? *G*. I just thought it
was sorta neat to be able to post music etc. shrug. Like we did a CSNJC
iMix on iTunes - not that I expect *anyone* to actually *buy* the dang
thing, but just so you can see what sort of music we listen to.... simple
pleasures for simple minds.....*G*

Old 18-06-2009, 05:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Motzarella.org has to change its server names due to a conflict with a
German children's book series. Its changing to eternal-september.org. See
the web page motzarella.org for details. Subscribers user name and password
stay the same. Subscribers should have recieved an email to this effect
yesterday or so.

K Barrett

"C. Berlin" wrote in message
ster.com...
I use this as well and have been extremely satisfied. $3/month. They
offer two servers: news.usenetmonster.com, and bignews.usenetmonster.com.
The latter is much faster for me.
Chuck B.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
ster.com...
Diana

I use bignews.usenetmonster.com

John

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Okay, if this is real (and I don't doubt it) that takes the cake. What
are those third party vendors again? I never made a note of them.

Also: it is time to get serious about using the groups that Kye set up.

Diana

wrote in message

Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party
vendors.

Old 29-06-2009, 09:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

And the AT&T thieves are not giving us a lower price for less service.
I think AT&T should be sued for false advertising their $19.95 high speed
internet service is NOT fast. Average speeds here in STL are 525 minutes to
down load a move 44 minutes to download a video clip 15 or more minutes to
download a 1 minute Youtube
This is what you get with AT&T high speed $19.95 high speed service
Latest from www.Speedtest .net
Ping: 108 ms
Download 0.19 Mb/s
Upload 0.32 Mb/s

AT&T rated Number 27 in Global Broadband speed but rated # 1 in the world
for highest pricing