GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   epidendrum antonense (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/184652-epidendrum-antonense.html)

C. Berlin 11-06-2009 01:02 AM

epidendrum antonense

This month's Orchids had a photo I thought was quite striking of epidendrum
antonense. The brief culture information there looked like it was something
I might be able to try to grow, although I don't have any epidendrums in my
smallish collection yet. I couldn't find any source to purchase this with a
simple google search. Any sugestions as to if this is commercially
available, where, and how easy or hard this might be to try to grow?
Thanks,
Chuck B.

Ray B[_2_] 11-06-2009 01:27 AM

epidendrum antonense

I'm right there with you, Chuck. If it shows up, let's keep everyone
posted.

Plants, Supplies, Books, Artwork, & Lots of Free Info!

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 11-06-2009 07:16 PM

epidendrum antonense

epidendrum antonenseThat is a cool flower. Maybe Andy's has it. They
carry a lot of neat stuff. Even if you don't see it listed on his web site,
it would pay to write and ask. I found a couple of very unusual things like
that a couple of years ago, and they brought them to Redland.

Diana

John D 13-06-2009 02:06 PM

epidendrum antonense

On Jun 10, 7:02*pm, "C. Berlin" wrote:
This month's Orchids had a photo I thought was quite striking of epidendrum
antonense. The brief culture information there looked like it was something
I might be able to try to grow, although I don't have any epidendrums in my
smallish collection yet. I couldn't find any source to purchase this with a
simple google search. *Any sugestions as to if this is commercially
available, where, and how easy or hard this might be to try to grow?
Thanks,
Chuck B.

Here is a page with some information on the species.
http://cattleya.wikidot.com/epidendrum-antonense

Good luck,
John Denson