Old 29-06-2009, 07:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default rain in CO

barrels OK now

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/us...gewanted=print

--j_a
Old 30-06-2009, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Wasn't that interesting? Some odd customs out west. I can understand the
original premise, though.

Diana

Old 04-07-2009, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

jankey wrote in news:d39fee9f-7036-4333-9897-
:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/us...gewanted=print

Now that is weird! But not as weird as having to PAY FOR rain that lands on
you non permeable surfaces like MSD does here in st louis. you can live
where there are no sewers storm or otherwise and if you are in the MSD
district you still have to pay for the rain that lands on your roof and
driveway. Guess who has to pay for those three new central offices they
built/remodeled and then decided they couldn't use them and went and built
an obnoxious looking headquarters.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 10:47:19 -0700 (PDT), jankey
wrote:

barrels OK now

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/us...gewanted=print

--j_a

Did you read this carefully -- It is still not legal to collect rain
in CO IF you are connected in anyway to a water provider. That can be
municipal or county or just a group of homeowners that are rural and
have a communal well thus provide service to the group. You have to
be in the test area for replacement and water loss thru collection or
you have to be completely rural and on your own well or trucking in
water to have the right to collect from Roof tops or hard surfaces.
Even if you want to collect and use this water for landscape... which
to my mind is just sending it on its natural way....but they say the
landscape you are watering is not normal, thus you are "using someone
else's water." Kansas or Nebraska farmers could be waiting for that
water.

It goes back to the 1800's and water rights fights. You have to
remember - except for the Mountains we are HIGH desert. Normal
rainfall/water is about equal to what the Midwest gets in 1 summer
month. Of course this year we are w-a-y ahead of norm. Some gully
washers have dropped 2 inches over a 10-20 block area. We have
multiple tornadoes here as well. I can only remember 3 other years in
the last 20 where there were any.

The humidity here in the summer is so low you can compare it to a
heated home mid-winter 9% on a good day. The development of
suburbs in creating a new norm due to the outdoor watering. Because
of the greening of the front range - Swamp Coolers are not as
effective today as they were in the '80s, increased humidity.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 12-07-2009, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I missed you! In response to your question in the other thread, I personally
have no idea about Reka. I did send her a pm some months back, but never had
an answer. I do hope she's okay.

Diana

Old 13-07-2009, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

wrote:

barrels OK now

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/us...gewanted=print

--j_a

Did you read this carefully -- It is still not legal to collect rain
in CO IF you are connected in anyway to a water provider. *

oh foo. no, i missed that part.... glad it's not an issue in my
state...

--j_a