GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cattleya pecivaliana alberts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/185539-cattleya-pecivaliana-alberts.html)

Duncan Vincent 08-07-2009 02:38 AM

cattleya pecivaliana alberts

Can any one tell me if cattleya pecivaliana alberts has ever been awarded?
It is alway described as "one of the best". I did see it decribed as having
an FCC once but that is never included on any tag i have seen.

K Barrett 08-07-2009 03:58 AM

Duncan Vincent wrote:
Can any one tell me if cattleya pecivaliana alberts has ever been awarded?
It is alway described as "one of the best". I did see it decribed as having
an FCC once but that is never included on any tag i have seen.

It has a CCM from the AOS awarded to a botanic gardens in Michigan.
Awarded in 2006.

I don't see an FCC from the AOS but there may be one from the RHS in
England.

At the time it got the CCM it had Forty-nine flowers on 17
inflorescences borne on a 40-cm tall, 60-cm by 90-cm wide plant grown in
a 30-cm clay pot, majority of growths in bloom; sepals and petals pink;
lip pink, throat magenta and golden orange turning velvet red to bright
magenta; substance firm; texture crystalline.

Natural spread was 14.2 cm wide x 15.5 vertical
but a better judge of size is often taken from the petal width which was
7.2 wide x 8.3 long.

K Barrett

jankey[_2_] 08-07-2009 04:00 PM

cattleya pecivaliana alberts

pretty:

http://www.gnomosorchids.com/percivaliana.htm

--j_a

Duncan Vincent 08-07-2009 10:03 PM

cattleya pecivaliana alberts

I found that too but unfortunatly i cant write CCM on MY tag. I've seen it
described as being as good as or better then summit, which does have an
FCC. I got mine from Ken Girard's estate( founding member of our society
and AOS judge) when very over grown and it hasn't flowered for me yet. It
was so big I have seven of them now. So if any of you are in Canada and want
an alberts let me know(please, my greenhouse is so full its stupid).

K Barrett 09-07-2009 04:35 AM

Duncan Vincent wrote:
I found that too but unfortunatly i cant write CCM on MY tag. I've seen it
described as being as good as or better then summit, which does have an
FCC. I got mine from Ken Girard's estate( founding member of our society
and AOS judge) when very over grown and it hasn't flowered for me yet. It
was so big I have seven of them now. So if any of you are in Canada and want
an alberts let me know(please, my greenhouse is so full its stupid).

Grow it well and maybe you'll get a quality award on it, or your own CCM!