Old 13-07-2009, 07:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Need Tech Help, Please

I went to Eternal September to sign up, but have not started that process
yet. That's because they won't accept email addies under any AT&T domain,
including of course Bell South.

I have a yahoo account; I signed up for that in order to use Flickr. But I
*never* used the email addie. Is there a way to have Yahoo mail delivered to
my inbox, or will it be necessary to go to Yahoo every time I want to get to
Use Net?

Guess I'm a bit confused. Please, plain English, no jargon. ;o)

Diana

Old 13-07-2009, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:58:39 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
I went to Eternal September to sign up, but have not started that process
yet. That's because they won't accept email addies under any AT&T domain,
including of course Bell South.

I have a yahoo account; I signed up for that in order to use Flickr. But I
*never* used the email addie. Is there a way to have Yahoo mail delivered to
my inbox, or will it be necessary to go to Yahoo every time I want to get to
Use Net?

Guess I'm a bit confused. Please, plain English, no jargon. ;o)

Diana

You just need to check the email account for your password.

Bob

Old 13-07-2009, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:44:32 -0400, Diana Kulaga wrote:
Very cool, Bob! I love answers like that. How's the boating life?

Nice summer so far but Jason Fisher took all my money at the SB show.

Bob
Old 14-07-2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:58:39 -0400 in Diana Kulaga wrote:
I went to Eternal September to sign up, but have not started that process
yet. That's because they won't accept email addies under any AT&T domain,
including of course Bell South.

With good reason... ATT and its subsidiaries bounces all email
with MXes pointing to european domains.

I have a yahoo account; I signed up for that in order to use Flickr. But I
*never* used the email addie. Is there a way to have Yahoo mail delivered to
my inbox, or will it be necessary to go to Yahoo every time I want to get to
Use Net?

Gmail supports this.
Once you have your gmail account.
Click on the "settings" link
Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP"
Select "forward a copy" give it a forwarding address.
Save Changes

And just because you have an email account doesn't mean you actually
have to read it. I highly recommend creating a new single use email account
for every vendor that's slightly questionable and wants an email address.
Use it once, and forget about it.

Guess I'm a bit confused. Please, plain English, no jargon. ;o)

The above is as plain english as I get.

Diana

--
Chris Dukes

Old 14-07-2009, 10:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I'm posting via Eternal-September.org. Thanks, everyone, for the help. It
was a piece of cake.

Diana

. ..

wrote:
[...]

I suspect this Virginia Tech website on Rock-Elm has several errors of fact-- need experts to confirm a_plutonium Plant Science 2 27-07-2007 09:44 AM
Need Tech Help CS Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 16-04-2004 02:32 PM
Medium Tech Tank Harry Muscle Freshwater Aquaria Plants 16 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
surplus tech gear mhagen alt.forestry 19 13-03-2003 03:08 AM
tech VF-bog question John Rutz Ponds 8 05-03-2003 11:03 PM