GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   eternal-september (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/185753-eternal-september.html)

Robert Lorenzini 15-07-2009 09:02 PM

eternal-september

Well it looks like they dropped all the alt.binaries when they
changed the name. No more alt.binaries.pictures.orchids or did
I miss something.

Bob

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 15-07-2009 09:20 PM

eternal-september

Bob, I subscribed to Eternal-September yesterday, and I'm getting abpo fine.
Maybe you need to either resubscribe or download the UseNet groups again?

Diana

[email protected] 15-07-2009 11:01 PM

eternal-september

On 15 Jul 2009 19:02:09 GMT in Robert Lorenzini wrote:

Well it looks like they dropped all the alt.binaries when they
changed the name. No more alt.binaries.pictures.orchids or did
I miss something.

Did you use your old .jnewsrc?
If so, edit it, find the alt.binaries.pictures.orchids line and
delete everything after the space colon (": ") on the line.
If it's a "! " on the end of the line, you unsubscribed it.

As memory serves the name change also went hand in hand to a move

followups sent to eternal-september.support if you're having
additional problems.

--
Chris Dukes

Robert Lorenzini 16-07-2009 07:47 PM

eternal-september

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:01:29 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Did you use your old .jnewsrc?

I'm using thunderbird for image groups and the data files must have got corrupted
when I changed the server name. I had to go in and manually delete abpo and now
it seems fine. Thanks

Bob

[email protected] 16-07-2009 11:15 PM

eternal-september

On 16 Jul 2009 17:47:59 GMT in Robert Lorenzini wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:01:29 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Did you use your old .jnewsrc?

I'm using thunderbird for image groups and the data files must have got corrupted
when I changed the server name. I had to go in and manually delete abpo and now
it seems fine. Thanks

Very strange, headers make it look like you're using slrn.

I know it isn't coming from me, I'm on 1.0.0 pre11.

--
Chris Dukes

Robert Lorenzini 17-07-2009 04:08 PM

eternal-september

wrote:

Did you use your old .jnewsrc?

I'm using thunderbird for image groups and the data files must have got corrupted
when I changed the server name. I had to go in and manually delete abpo and now
it seems fine. Thanks

Very strange, headers make it look like you're using slrn.

That is because slrn is my preferred news reader and I use it to
post here.

Bob