Old 26-04-2003, 09:45 PM
tbell

Default yellowing

I have a Milt. Spectabilis which has been mounted,
growing well and blooming yearly for three years. The only
problem is that the older pseudobulbs and leaves have become
yellow, with a few small, brown spots. It's mounted on a
chunk of driftwood, with high light and 70% humidity in my
I/W greenhouse. Gets watered every day or two, and soaked
with 1/2 strength Schultz orchid fertilizer (19-31-17) every
other week. I'll post a photo on ABPO, and would appreciate
any thoughts.
Tom

Old 27-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Eric Hunt

Tom,

I see this with Milt. spectabilis (species names are not capitalized,
hybrids are) that people bring for show and tell here in the Bay Area.

As long as the older pseudobulbs aren't getting mushy you should be fine.
Hard, firm yellowish pseudobulbs are OK.

-Eric in SF

"tbell" wrote in message ...
I have a Milt. Spectabilis which has been mounted,
growing well and blooming yearly for three years. The only
problem is that the older pseudobulbs and leaves have become
yellow, with a few small, brown spots. It's mounted on a
chunk of driftwood, with high light and 70% humidity in my
I/W greenhouse. Gets watered every day or two, and soaked
with 1/2 strength Schultz orchid fertilizer (19-31-17) every
other week. I'll post a photo on ABPO, and would appreciate
any thoughts.
Tom

Leland Cypress Yellowing DavesVideo Gardening 2 25-03-2003 07:32 PM
Yellowing leaves on phals rick Orchids 5 23-03-2003 04:08 AM
yellowing WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 14 13-03-2003 12:13 AM
Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves rusty Plant Biology 0 23-02-2003 01:31 AM
Bonsai Bamboo, yellowing leaves and stalk Chris Bamboo 2 06-02-2003 07:03 AM