GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Speaking of feeding (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/186965-speaking-feeding.html)

dusty 31-08-2009 03:17 PM

Speaking of feeding

For the most part I'm lazy I mean all that caculating makes my brain hurt.
So as to increase my lazyness I found this;

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/EZ...b-Drip-System-
p/2005-hb.htm

Has any one tried one of these??
I use a hose attached sprinking system in my greenhouse so it will be a no
brainer to install.

[email protected] 31-08-2009 04:37 PM

Speaking of feeding

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:17:38 GMT in dusty wrote:
For the most part I'm lazy I mean all that caculating makes my brain hurt.
So as to increase my lazyness I found this;

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/EZ...b-Drip-System-
p/2005-hb.htm

Has any one tried one of these??
I use a hose attached sprinking system in my greenhouse so it will be a no
brainer to install.

I've been contemplating one for the garden, but first I need to finish
burying the water line out to the garden. I have a bad feeling that
it won't work well with a soaker hose and that I'll be better off
grabbing a couple 60 gallon barrels from the local "barrel guy"
and making a scoop for 60 gallon batches of fertilizer.

--
Chris Dukes

Ray B[_2_] 31-08-2009 04:55 PM

Speaking of feeding

I spoke to Dan Gilmore, the president of the company (EZ-Flo Injection)
that manufactures those, and he acknowledged that the water that pushes
the solution out of the tank will dilute the tank contents "to some
degree", which means the delivered fertilizer concentration will dwindle
as the tank empties.

In lawn sprinkler applications, that's not a problem as the same area
gets all of the nutrient anyway. If used through a hose, the early
plants get the "right" dose, the later ones less.

He did say that there is an "agitation dip tube" that can be removed to
greatly reduce that tendency, as they have some patented technology to
create an "invisible bladder" to minimize mixing. Their technical info
looks like it's only an issue near the end:
http://www.ezfloinjection.com/2-4.asp

Ray Barkalow - First Rays LLC - www.firstrays.com
Orchid Plants, Supplies, Equipment, Books
Artwork, Free Services & Lots of Info!

Posted At: Monday, August 31, 2009 10:18 AM
Posted To: rec.gardens.orchids
Conversation: Speaking of feeding
Subject: Speaking of feeding

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/EZ...ib-Drip-System
-

wendy7 31-08-2009 06:14 PM

Speaking of feeding

I know what you mean Dusty, about the brain hurting!!! *G* I like to keep
things
simple. I have one & I love it.
You can see the colour of the fert in the out going tube diluted.
I start my watering in a different area or side of g/h each time. I put my
measured fert
in a tupperware shaker then pour it into the tank. Also cover the tank to
protect from
the uv rays?
I have just started a regimen for my cyms with time release fert as they
are heavy
feeders.
Cheers Wendy