Old 27-12-2009, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Giving away orchids

I have a small collection of about 26 orchids, I need to "dispose" of.
With twins in high school, band, color guard band parents, oldere cats and a
new puppy, I have gotten to the point of not having enough time to
properly take care of them. Mix of several types, some have tags some do
not. They will need to be quarantined as several have mealy bug problems.
This is another reason I need to get them out. With several older cats and a
new puppy, I can't use anthing strong enough to knock them back.

Located in Cedar HIll texas (south of Dallas Tx). I am willing to drive them
out to someone in the Dallas fortworth area on a weekend. I also have a lot
of extra clay pots and saucers that can go with them.

Contact me at

Bruce
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

The Greater North Texas Orchid Society meets on Jan 3rdhttp://gntos.org/*Contact their newsletter editor to see if anyone
there may be interested in your orchids.

K Barrett

I wanted to chime in that an orchid society is probably the smoothest
way to solve this problem. Local orchid societies are informal, social
places that often have a silent auction or give away table where you
can rid yourself of surplus plants. Also, through discussions there,
you may find someone with a decent sized private orchid greenhouse
who's willing to take most of the healthy plants off your hands.

The sick orchids might be a challenge. Unless they are award winners
worth saving, it'll be hard to find homes for those.

Munir