GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bible of Orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/18916-bible-orchids.html)

TheBoss 28-04-2003 05:08 PM

Bible of Orchids

I am new to this hobby and would like to purchase a reference book
that would help identfy the basic types of orchids and there likes and
dislikes. Any suggestions?
Regards
Curtis

Wendy 28-04-2003 08:20 PM

Bible of Orchids

Hi Curtis, I like "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Orchids" Edited by Alec
Pridgeon,
It has over 1100 illustrated species.
Cheers Wendy

Larry Dighera 29-04-2003 04:08 AM

Bible of Orchids

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:56:02 -0400, TheBoss
wrote:

I am new to this hobby and would like to purchase a reference book
that would help identfy the basic types of orchids and there likes and
dislikes. Any suggestions?
Regards
Curtis

This may be of interest:

OrchidSafari ARCHIVES*
ORCHID BOOKS
Ed Wright's Notes on an Orchid Library
http://www.geocities.com/~marylois/archiv17.html

K Barrett 29-04-2003 11:20 PM

Bible of Orchids

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
.. .
[the older, pink-cover edition is better than the newest one, but
getting hard to find

Really? They changed something in the second edition?

K Barrett