GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I broke the flower spike!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/189469-i-broke-flower-spike.html)

YvonneD 07-02-2010 12:48 AM

I broke the flower spike!!

I finally did what I'd always feared. I broke a flower spike that was
about 6" high and very thin. Should I cut off the rest or is there a
chance it will continue to grow from the break?

I'M SO MAD!

Marios Giannakoulias 07-02-2010 07:20 AM

I broke the flower spike!!

the flower spike in which genus??

YvonneD 07-02-2010 01:49 PM

I broke the flower spike!!

On Feb 7, 2:20*am, Marios Giannakoulias
wrote:
the flower spike in which genus??

It's a phal. There's about 4" left.

Marios Giannakoulias 07-02-2010 02:01 PM

I broke the flower spike!!

if there is a node on the stem left, it will sprout a new flowering
stem from there.

YvonneD 08-02-2010 12:01 AM

I broke the flower spike!!

On Feb 7, 9:01*am, Marios Giannakoulias
wrote:
if there is a node on the stem left, it will sprout a new flowering
stem from there.

there is. thanks!

[email protected] 14-02-2010 04:30 AM

I broke the flower spike!!

On Feb 6, 7:48*pm, YvonneD wrote:
I finally did what I'd always feared. *I broke a flower spike that was
about 6" high and very thin. *Should I cut off the rest or is there a
chance it will continue to grow from the break?

I'M SO MAD!

I know how you feel I babied mine for so long and then I broke the
spike so I am not sure if it will ever flower again. I don't have a
bud or anything I do keep taking care of it I transplanted it and the
leafs are doing great but no spike.

jankey[_2_] 17-02-2010 04:54 PM

I broke the flower spike!!

we've all done it. and we'll all do it again. not to go all BSG on
you, but "this has all happened before."

;)

--j_a