Old 29-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Mick Fournier

Default How to unclog mister head?

Gideon,

Make a visit to the local bordello?

Mick

Old 29-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Harold Ottensman

Try a needle? But be careful.

HNO
"Gideon Singer" wrote in message
Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

Old 29-04-2003, 02:44 AM
tom bell

If they're plugged up with calcium salts, you can soak them in vinegar. I've
eliminated that problem by installing a misting system from Charlie's
Greenhouse, which has a very fine filter before the heads, and a minute
filter within each head, and has never required cleaning in two years.
Hope this helps.
Tom

From: Gideon Singer
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:15:17 GMT
Subject: How to unclog mister head?

Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

Old 29-04-2003, 03:20 AM
RayC

Susan Erickson wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:15:17 GMT, Gideon Singer
wrote:

Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

snip I
would heat about 3/4 cup of equal parts vinegar and water in the
microwave. Then soak the mister head. Sometimes an old
toothbrush and elbow grease helps too.
snip
Good luck.
SuE

While that works, it can really shorten the effective live of a microwave. The
fumes caused by heating vinegar EATS the electronics. If you must heat, use the
stove top and do it slowly so you don't asphyxiate yourself.

Just my $.02
--

Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old 29-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Rob Halgren

Gideon Singer wrote:

Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

What is it clogged with? I've had good luck (with other things, I don't
have a mister) with acetic acid. Vinegar straight out of the bottle,
soak for a few hours or overnight. Repeat if it looks like it is
helping but not quite there. Only works on lime and calcium deposits, I
think.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

Old 29-04-2003, 05:56 PM
D. Wain Garrison

I have used CLR with good success.

D. Wain Garrison
If you can read you can learn anything, for
there are those smarter than you who can
write, however, not everyone who can write
is smarter than you.
wrote:

Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

You mean better than hot vinegar and water soak? What is the
acid some old fashioned plumbers use to clean porcelain? I have
seen that used on a shower head... just different sizes. If you
can pull it out of the pipe so you can drop it in a cup.. I
would head about 3/4 cup of equal parts vinegar and water in the
microwave. Then soak the mister head. Sometimes an old
toothbrush and elbow grease helps too.

The local tv ads are for a product called CLR to soak shower
heads. They suggest you pour some in a zip lock bag and tie the
bag around the pipe so that the clogged head is in the solution.

Good luck.
SuE

Old 30-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Gideon Singer

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:15:17 UTC, Gideon Singer
wrote:

Anyone have a good way to unclog mister heads?

To all those who responded, inc MIck, thanks for the vinegar trick it
works.
--
Gideon Singer
In Beautiful Vancouver BC

Fogger/mister kaput? kc Ponds 5 01-11-2005 01:52 PM
Replacement Weed-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n' Cut" fixed 4 line head - Any Good ? Robert11 Lawns 1 05-07-2005 10:35 AM
fogger/mister? kc Ponds 1 19-04-2005 02:16 PM
Mister Lincoln climber - Need US source John Roses 8 06-03-2004 02:24 PM
Mister Lincoln climber - Need US source John Roses 0 26-02-2004 04:38 PM