Old 18-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered User

Default Where oh where can I buy tree fern bark in the uk?

I have a variegated Vanilla planifolia that could really use one of these to climb on:

http://www.browardorchidsupply.com/i...efernTotem.jpg

But I can't find anywhere in the UK that sells them online or otherwise.

Please help, think of my poor vanilla grasping weakly at it's coconut husk fiber pole, wilting in despair when it realises its just a thin layer wrapped around an impermeable plastic tube!
Old 19-07-2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

http://tinyurl.com/37r2edw

--
jagged_angel

You might want to try plastic hardware cloth you can cut it to any
size you want. Make it round square or what ever shape you want tie
it together with stay ties or zip ties what ever you call them. Fill
it with Spag. Moss, Coco chips, Bark or rockwool whatever media, that
works for you strap your plant to it with fishing line or women
stockings or whatever you want & as the plant grows you can attach
more tubes or squares to it. I have heard that some people use metal
cloth & aluminum gutter covering but I haven't tried these but I have
used 1/4 inch plastic hardware cloth & it works well for me.
Jon
Old 27-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Registered User

Quote:
[...]