GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid care (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/193127-orchid-care.html)

GardenArbor 06-08-2010 01:28 PM

Orchid care

I have a website http://www.gardenrecreations.com with links to info
on Orchid care if anyone is interested. http://www.gardenrecreations.com/growing-orchids

someone 13-08-2010 10:16 PM

Orchid care

"GardenArbor" wrote in message
I have a website http://www.gardenrecreations.com with links to info
on Orchid care if anyone is interested.
http://www.gardenrecreations.com/growing-orchids

Thank you, I shall have a look. I need some advice for my poorly orchid
plant.

someone

aaronstone911 07-01-2011 06:09 PM

If your plant has a healthy environment, with large green leaves, were not hurt or suspended, cut flowers, old stem top, just above a "node" and just below the lowest bloom. The plant will often send a flourishing new branch there. If your plant has thin, wilted leaves, or if the plant is small, with leaves only 3 to 4 inches long, it is best to cut the flower stem all the way down, so the plant does not weaken in flowering new right to same. Water thoroughly and fertilize your plants to build it back into shape for a blossoming future in a brand new strain. This can take up to a year or more, as Phalaenopsis, like most orchids, a plant growing relatively slowly.