Old 01-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Nuttshaw

Default Phalaenopsis Newbie

Hi!
I'm Sarah....
I've been lurking here for a few months gathering information because I've
been wanting an orchid for so long but have only recently acquired one. My
husband found an amazing Phalaenopsis and gave it to me for Easter. So.....
I'm just introducing myself and letting you know I'll most likely be here
with questions.
=)
Sarah

Old 01-05-2003, 02:44 AM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Sarah,

Boy have you and your husband screwed up! He, initially, but you, yes YOU,
are really in big trouble!

His mistake: buying you that orchid

Your mistake: recognizing that there may be more to this than you currently
know, and seeking to actually learn more.

Because of that combination, you and he are doomed to buying more and more
plants, worrying about killing them, buying more and more plants,
considering even building a greenhouse, buying more and more plants,
becoming a regular here, buying more and more plants, etc., etc.

Welcome to the crowd!

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

Old 03-05-2003, 03:33 AM
Nuttshaw

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome!
Oh Ray! I'm sure this little cycle you described will indeed happen. I've
done it with miniature roses for about 2 yrs now. I've finally figured them
out.
As for orchids...I've only just begun. I've been reading a book, Growing
Orchids by Brian & Wilma Rittershausen. I've had this book longer than the
orchid. I was trying to figure out which would be an easy beginners orchid
when my husband showed up with the Phalaenopsis...I believe it is a Little
Skipper Zuma Nova. I find myself sitting and staring at it a lot. I can't
believe how beautiful it is! Here's hoping we can live a long happy life
together....or at least get it to bloom once more. =)

Sarah

Old 06-05-2003, 06:56 AM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 01 May 2003 19:05:46 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Welcome, Sarah! As some of us like to say, "Join us, heh, heh, heh".

;oD Diana

Now, now Diana - She has already bitten the apple. Not only does
Sarah have a lovely Phal, she has a text to assist her in
choosing more.

Welcome to the addiction xxx er... I mean hobby.
See you back soon and often, we hope.
Sue, who has been addicted almost 30 years now.

SuE

Am I killing my phalaenopsis??? Isabel Burns Orchids 7 19-05-2003 02:44 AM
What results are to be expected from crossing Phalaenopsis violacea? Ted Byers Orchids 7 09-04-2003 05:20 AM
repot blooming Phalaenopsis Janice Wiegley Orchids 1 03-04-2003 05:32 PM
Art-shade Phalaenopsis Bacchae Orchids 3 06-02-2003 02:04 AM
Ailing Phalaenopsis Allan Risk Orchids 6 04-02-2003 09:38 PM